[Y/N] | CH 2

————————————————————First person POV————————————————————

"I have many names: demon, daughter of darkness, the dark death...but I prefer [Y/N]." I grin at the fox Yokai proudly. "And what am I to call you, fox?" I watch him curious about what his next move would be.

He glares down at me "And why should I tell a lowly Yokai such as yourself?"
I could see the hint of a smirk.

I could feel the anger boiling inside me "Tsk! who do you think you are!?" I yell at him in a complete rage.

He smirks down at me, hopping down from the building he was on,landing carefully on the ground dusting himself off.

I glare at him, growing more and more annoyed.
'Who does he think he is?! He can't just ignore me!' I think angrily to myself, clenching my fists.

He walks closer to me "You have quite the temper!"
He says in an amused voice, still holding his smirk and attitude.

'this idiotic fox isn't as dumb as i thought... and he obviously is someone with power...'
I calm down a bit, still watching him, but lost in thought.
'that ogre wasn't as weak as normal yokai, given he didn't have a chance of beating me....and he seemed to be the foxes lackey...and yet the fox took him out without so much as a second thought... which means one he is decently strong...and two he is ruthless...thats not a good combination..' i think to myself.

'was he that close before...?' He was now almost in reaching distance.
'how did i not realize that?!' I glare at him, attempting to hide the slight shock and panic.

He chuckles, watching me amused and placing a hand on his hip, his tail swaying behind him.

I kept my eyes on him, getting lost in thought again.
'The ogre called him something...what was it...?
Tomoe! he called him Tomoe...but where have i heard that name before..'

He looks as if he is getting ready to say something.
But is interrupted by another voice.

"Brotherrr~!! where are you?"
The voice sounded close..and getting closer.

The fox looks in the direction of the voice 'this is my chance!'.
I quickly jump back up in my tree and jumping from tree to tree, stopping once I was sure I was out of sight, but still in hearing distance.

I could hear a small 'tsk' from the fox as he looks back to the spot I just was, before looking back in the direction of the voice.
"I'm over here!" The fox called out.

I could hear footsteps leading away from me and then another set growing slightly closer.
"Brother, what were you doing over there?"

'that voice...why does that voice...it sounds so cold...and empty..'
I shiver a bit.

The footsteps start again, both going away from me, the voices fade as well.