TO | TWO

AUGUST 27, 2018

Asta saw her best friend leaving a comment on someone's post. She don't know who the person is, but her curiosity make her click on the profile. Mick Schumacher it says at the top of the screen. Schumacher. Where has she heard that name before. She scrolls her way through his profile, seeing all the pictures of race cars and helmets. He is a racing driver. She looks up from her phone and towards the clock, that hangs over the dining room table.

08:37.

Shit. She quickly grabs her bag on the table before heading out the door. There is no way, she is going to be late on the first day of school.

-

After school she goes to the harbour to meet up with one of her friends. Her friend, Kristine's, parents has a little boat in the harbour, where the two girls often hang out after school. They go to the same university, but Kristine is studying jura, to become a lawyer.

They chat away on the deck of the boat, both enjoying a cup of homemade ice coffee, Asta's favourite. They talk about everything and soon the subject of conversation falls on boys. Kristine has a boyfriend, but Asta is single. She has never had a boyfriend, but she doesn't mind. She is young and has her whole life ahead of her, as her friends often tells her.

Whole life ahead.

Everyone thinks they're going to live until they're hundred. Humans aren't immortal, Asta knows that. Most people live a long and fulfilling life, while others die before life even starts for real.

-----

Mick is on a plane, thousands of feet above the ground. He is going home to Switzerland to spend some time with his family. Family is very important for him. He doesn't get to see them much, as he has to travel to races and to Prema's factory in Italy, but the time he spends with his family at home, he cherishes and loves a lot.

His mother sometimes travels with him to races, as she has done many years prior with his father, but nothing can beat the feeling of home, in Mick's opinion at least.