Chapter 7

Millie

Kick his ass again? Okay, so obviously Finn and Jacob have gotten into it, which as the ex-girlfriend of two years, I should probably know. He never even told me he'd gotten into a fight. Though I guess in the grand scheme of things that went on behind my back, this one is minor compared to the other.

Still... I hate fighting. Hate it, so I step between them, willing my anxiety to stay locked away. I stumble a little, the alcohol starting to affect me.

"Okay, that's enough of the testosterone fest, boys."

I look at Jacob.

"Yes, I'm with him, though I'm not sure that's your business."

For added effect I grab onto Finn's arm. Or maybe it's because I'm suddenly feeling a little woozy.

And, damn, are his arms thin. Does this boy ever go to the gym or something?

"Ja—honey, maybe we should go." Red has her cocky smile. The one that says she thinks I'm out here pining for her boyfriend. That he's being a gentleman by worrying about his poor, little ex-girlfriend.

Jacob's face is pale. Jaw stiff. He definitely doesn't like the idea of me being with Finn.
Finn doesn't touch me back. It feels as though someone injected cement into him as tense as he is. The only thing moving is his chest, up and down from heavy breathing. Wow. He's taking this much more seriously than I thought he would. Or he hates Jacob more than I thought he did.

"Jacob...let's go. They're not worth it." Red pulls him back as Finn steps forward.

"Are we not worth it or are you too scared?"

Jacob gives his cocky grin and I start to feel a little nervous. Jacob has a friend with him and Finn doesn't. I have no doubt who would win one on one, but the odds aren't in Finn's favor.

"What do we have here? Why didn't you tell me we moved the party outside, Finn?" A guy steps up beside us. He's got nearly as many tattoos as Finn does, but he has lighter hair. straight and Long, and he's a littler shorter than Finn or Jacob.

"Party hasn't started yet," Finn replies simply.

I'm willing to admit this might be getting out of hand. Starting a brawl is not something I'm into. All I want to do is show Jacob I don't need him. That I'm better off without him.

"Jacob... take me home. I can think of something much better we can do," Red says.

Yep, I'm going to puke. Definitely going to vomit.

Jacob eyes Finn and then his friend before shaking his head.

"You can have her. She's not worth all the trouble. I'm not the first one to think so either. Her pussy ain't that great either."

He backs up before looping his arm through Red's.

He used to do that with me. Dizziness hits me again, but I try to fight it down. I'm not the first one to think so either...

He might not have known everything about me, but he knew Mom left me. He was supposed to be safe, but he's throwing that back at me.

Relax, relax, relax.

When Jacob, Red and his friend walk around the corner, Finn jerks away from me, almost making me lose my balance. Somehow I keep the panic at bay, but he's obviously not doing as well.

"Fuck!" Finn yells. His face is red and I'm pretty sure he might explode at any second.

"Simmer down," I tell him though I feel like doing the same thing. At least I don't show it like he does.