Chapter XX

XX. Impressions and Jealousy

"Let me guess. You're the damsel in distress and he's your knight in shining armor? How very classy." Jaime mocked as Reau and Titus stood before him.

"Then what does that make you? The court jester that got disgraced for telling a bad joke?" Reau mocked in return making Jaime raise an eyebrow in response.

"Disgraced for losing something." He said.

"Losing what?" She asked.

"Apparently, for losing a battle." He answered in his mischievous tone.

"Well, I found it funny that you did, which makes you a great jester." She matched his words.

Reau had to hide a smile as the prisoner in front of her seemed to realize that he may have found his match with his mocking wit.

"I live to entertain, my fair damsel. Jaime Lannister, at your service." Jaime said, tilting his head in greeting.

"Reau Bolton." She greeted in return as Jaime seemed to have more interest in her now that he had heard her name.

"Bolton, Bolton, Bolton. Where's the raven hair and the blue eyes? Where's the whip and the materials for flaying?" He asked, half in amusement, the other in genuine curiosity.

"Non-existent. Just like your sanitation at the moment." She replied, making him laugh.

"Ooh, I fear you have struck me with your words, my fair damsel. But then again, I am still unaware as to why you are here. Care to enlighten me?" Jaime taunted, not knowing what was with her.

She was a Bolton but it seemed as if it was only by name. She didn't seem like a Bolton, not even one bit. Not in her golden looks or her attitude. It reminded him of something but he shook his head, not wanting to remember.

"I guess I just wanted to meet the famed man who saved King's Landing from burning." Reau said, trying to compliment him to get on his better side.

Jamie narrowed his eyes at her at that. "I think the word you're looking for is Kingslayer."

Titus found himself laughing at that, making Reau shoot him a pointed look.

"What's so funny? At least I use my sword instead of just making it gleam by my waist to show off for your lady here." Jaime snapped at Titus making him step forward in annoyance.

"I assure you, Kingslayer. I am ready to cut down anyone my lady commands me to and I would gut you where you are now if she bids me so." Titus glared at Jaime.

Jaime only laughed. "Will you now? How very sweet. What if she commanded you to free me now, will you do it?"

Titus turned to me as if saying that he'd rather kill Jaime now than listen to him speak another word but he replied. "Without question."

Jaime then looked at Reau with an expectant expression. "Well, my dear damsel, would you mind commanding your man-servant to free me of these ropes?"

Reau could hear Titus grit his teeth in anger at the man and though she wouldn't try to stop him if he dared try to kill Jaime, she had to anyway.