How Not To Fall In Love~ Four

Start from the beginning

     He didn’t hide his laughter.  “That’s what I was trying to do, until you kept banging at my door like some insane person.”

     “Still you should’ve just...um...just...oh goodness...just go put something on!”

     And like that, my mad girl swag disappeared.

     “Alright, alright.  Keep it together.”  He shut the door, and I dropped my hands, taking in a few deep breaths to calm myself. 

     Sam sent me a knowing grin.  “Nothing can stop a woman’s wrath, huh?”

     “Shut up!”  I snapped.  “Just shut up and leave.  I’ll call you later.”

     She backed away, still grinning.  “I’m leaving.  Try not to, you know, babble like an idiot.”

     She was right.  I didn’t know what had just come over me.  This was Nathan.  The kid who could never stash enough tissues to keep up with his allergies.  He may have been the Brad Pitt of his time, but I knew him best.  Somewhere in there was the scrawny geek I grew up with.  I didn’t have any reason to be so hot and bothered.

     Once I felt that I had regained my composure, I knocked on the door again.  “It doesn’t take that long to cover yourself.  Hurry up!”

     The door opened and I stepped inside.  “Finally.”

     His room wasn’t what I was expecting.  It was organized to perfection.  There wasn’t a calculator or pencil out of place.  A complete contrast to my room, which, if I didn’t have such an orderly roommate, would probably look like the aftermath of World War III. 

     I shook my head.  I didn’t have time to get distracted.  I was here with a purpose.  And that was to interrogate this kid, before I beat him to a pulp and watched him cry for mercy. 

     I turned towards him.  “Let’s get right to—” I screeched at the top of my lungs, before whipping back around.  “I thought I told you to put on some clothes!”

     “I did.”  He said between chuckles. “I put on pants.”

     “Well put on a shirt!”  My voice sounded so desperate. 

     My spidey senses tingled, warning me of the presence right behind my back.  I felt his mouth millimeters away from my ear. “You know, the flustered look is really attractive on you.”

     He ran his hands up my arms, and I just about kicked myself in the butt trying to spring away from him.  I ended up landing on his bed.  “I-I-I-I’m going to call the police.  Get back!  I’m warning you!  I’ll sue you for sexual harassment.”  

     I made karate chops with my hands for good measure.  He didn’t seem fazed. 

     “Sue me then.  Let’s see how far you get, considering you are my fiancé.”  He walked over to his closet and grabbed a shirt, humming to himself as he pulled it on.  The reality of the situation came back full force at his words. I had almost forgotten my purpose. 

     “I think I found a weakness.”  He said in a sing-songy voice.

     I scoffed, not about to let him think he had something else over me.  He had enough already.  “I just like to have conversations with people when they are appropriately dressed.  It’s not like it bothered me.”

     “Oh really?”  He started to lift the shirt back up with his thumb. 

     My hands flew to shield my eyes.  “Okay!  It bothers me!  It bothers me!”