Chapter 2 - The News

PART 2

As I was just about to walk out of the house for lunch on a perfect Summer's day for my normal routine, when I was stopped by a phone call.

I thought it was really odd.

Nobody ever calls me on my home phone. I only give out my mobile phone number to people.

Who could it possibly be?

Maybe my family? But I haven’t seen them in years - ever since I left for University.

My family live in New Zealand. My big brother Jacob is already married with a very pretty girl called Victoria.

I hesistantly picked up the phone.

"Hello Emily Rose! My name is Kelly. I have a job application for you," spoke a youngish woman who sounded in her 20's.

"Ummm....... Okay, how do you know my name and how did you get my number?" I asked.

"Sorry, I forgot to properly introduce myself. As you know, my name is Kelly and I am from Warner Brothers," she said, "I am looking for talented musicians, such as yourself, and I came across your name while I was searching for musicians at Trinity College London."

"Oh, so what is the application exactly for?" I questioned.

"The application is for the lead violin part in the Orchestra for the movie, Harry Potter," she excitedly told me.

I almost dropped the phone as I heard the two words - Harry Potter.

"Yyyee..ss, I would love to accept it!" I managed to stutter.

"Right, then I'll get all the details sorted and I'll email to them to you. Goodbye, have a nice day!" she said.

Then the phone went dead.

I flopped onto the couch with my mouth hanging wide open.

I couldn't believe it!

Everything replayed in my head one more time.

Somebody from Warner Brothers just phoned me at home. They told me that I was getting a job as the the lead violin player for the Harry Potter Orchestra!

But then again, what happened to the lead player who was already in the Harry Potter Orchestra?

Why did they choose me, over everybody else in the Orchestra?

Then again, to me, it didn't really matter, it wasnt my business anyway.

It would definitely be hard work but I am getting paid for it.

Even if I didn't get paid, meeting the Harry Potter cast would be good enough payment for me. <3

All this waiting around for a job, was actually really worth it then!

Meeting the whole Harry Potter cast!

Who usually gets to meet the Harry Potter cast everyday for their work other than everybody who helps with directing, make-up, camera-men etc?

EEEEKKKK! I was freaking out!

I couldn't wait to meet my favourite character and crush, Harry Potter!

Almost instantly, I reached for the phone and dialled my best friend, Rebecca Greene.

Hope you enjoyed the book so far! Tom Felton comes in really soon, I promise! Please vote, comment, add to library and fan? Thanks! ;P <3