'What do you mean?' Ryan asks, confused.

'She helped me sneak out.' Brooklyn tells him. 'I was kept locked in the basement. She got me out of there, gave me my passport and some money to get back here. She then went off somewhere, I don't know where.'

'I'll pass all of that onto the L.A.P.D and keep you guys updated.' Ryan nods. 'If you hear anything from them or you see them, call me, okay?'

'I will.' Brooklyn nods. 'Thanks, Ryan.'

'No problem.' Ryan smiles. 'I'm glad that you're safe. I'll be in touch.' He then leaves. Brooklyn looks at Travis.

'Shouldn't you be getting back to work?' She asks him.

'Nice try.' Travis laughs. 'You're not getting rid of me that easily.'

'What about Sullivan?' Brooklyn questions.

'Sullivan gave me the rest of the shift off.' Travis responds.

'Sullivan went from being a right dick to a genuinely nice person.' Brooklyn states.

'Bryn.' Travis raises an eyebrow.

'What?' Brooklyn shrugs her shoulders. 'You said so yourself.' Travis laughs and shakes his head. 'What's going to happen to me now?'

'I don't know.' Travis answers. 'I've called CPS and left a message. Most likely, you'll have to go into a group home.' Brooklyn looks down. She can't go back to a group home. Not after last time. 'I'm going to fight, though.' Travis tells her. 'I'm going to fight to get custody of you.' A smile spreads across Brooklyn's face. 'Like I've said, you're not getting rid of me that easily, Brookie Bear.' They then hear someone clear their throat. They look to the doorway and see Alyssa with tears in her eyes.

'Hi.' Brooklyn smiles slightly. Travis stands up.

'I'll give you two some space.' He says before walking out. After a couple of seconds, Alyssa walks over to Brooklyn and sits on the edge of the bed.

'Your brother told me everything.' Alyssa tells her. 'He called me to let me know you were safe. I was so worried about you.'

'I'm fine now.' Brooklyn assures her, taking her hand. Their fingers interlock. 'I love you.'

'I love you too.' Alyssa smiles, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her top. She moves closer to Brooklyn whilst Brooklyn sits up more straight. Alyssa caresses Brooklyn's cheek and they stare into each other's eyes. Slowly, they lean into each other and kiss. Brooklyn pushes deeper into the kiss, putting her hands on either side of Alyssa's face as she does.

'I've missed that.' Brooklyn whispers once they've parted.

'Me too.'

.

A week has passed. Brooklyn's mental health has taken a turn for the worse - she's talked about how she hates herself, how she's not worthy of life - but psychiatry won't place her under a hold since she poses no immediate threat to herself. Brooklyn is sat in her social worker's office. She's just been told where her group home is. It's over an hour away, not something Brooklyn wanted to hear. As her social worker talks to Travis outside of the office, Brooklyn starts to think about happened the last time she was in a group home. Due to what happened with Karen and Mason, she can't go to a family like she normally would. Once Travis has finished talking to Brooklyn's social worker, he looks at his younger sister. He walks into the office and crouches down in front of her. He hates seeing her like this. He hates seeing her hate herself. He hates hearing her say that she's not worthy of life. He hates that he has to constantly remind her that she is worthy of life. He hates them for putting her in this position.

'Bryn, look at me.' He says softly. Brooklyn slowly looks up at her big brother. He reaches his hand up to her face and with his thumb, he wipes away the tears that have fallen from her eyes. 'It's okay. You're okay. You're safe. I know this situation isn't ideal and it's not what you wanted to go through, again, but we're going to get you through this.' He assures her. He can see that she's shaking. He grabs onto her hands. 'Hold onto me.' He tells her. 'I've got you.'

'I can't do it.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'I-- I just can't.'

'Bryn, I will be by your side every second. So will Vic and so will Ryan and so will Alyssa.' Travis reassures her. 'We've got you.'

~~

So, I completely forgot that I had this chapter pre-written so surprise! I have an exam on Monday and I am kinda ready but not at the same time haha. I have six exams in total and I should be done by 4th June! Yayy!

Let me know what you think!

Much love