"Shadows are opposites. I told you already," Lilia explained.

I turned my attention to her. Did she just...read my mind?

"Yes I did."

"How?" I said, exasperated, although by now nothing really surprised me.

"A nice hello," Lilia said, cocking her head. "It's a telepathy thing."

"Um...alright...Lilia Ellery, I demand you to tell me what to do!"

"Go to the front desk."

Oh. I blinked. I was kind of expecting something more...exciting.

As if she could read my mind(which she could)Lilia laughed.

"Come on."

"You're coming?"

"Yes." Lilia rolled her eyes. She did that a lot. "Shadow Hall. People like us. There will be shadows and Shadowy's all over the place."

Before I could follow her, I heard a voice say, "Miss Lockhart?"

I turned to see some woman. She had perfectly curly grey hair that I suspected was a hat and she wore a dull old-fashioned dress. The only thing that made me think she wasn't that stern were her eyes. They were bright, big and blue.

"Welcome to Shadow Hall," she said, smiling, "I hope Lilia has been a good Shadow so far?"

"Yeah! Really good!" What surprised me was that she didn't say, "I presume Lilia told you about the Shadowy?"

Do not, I repeat, do not tell the headmistress you didn't know.

Why are you in my head!?

The telepathy thing! This is serious! Just don't!

Fine!

"Come with me, you two. I'll show you to your room. Lilia will of course be staying with you."

We followed her inside the school and I bit back a gasp.

From the name, you'd think it would be dark and ghastly, but now Shadow Hall was colourful. The carpet was a soft velvet and smelled of rich flowery perfume. The walls didn't match much, as they were black. So black.

The headmistress remained oblivious to my awe and Lilia yanked me with her.

"This is your room," the headmistress said, "Kayla might be unfriendly at first, but you'll love her."

Lilia's eyes widened and as soon as the headmistress left, I shook her. "Why do look like that?"

"Kayla Chase and Angelina Magpie are not people you want to share a room with. Kayla is really rich and her shadow is Angelina. For the most part, Shadows are opposites, right? But Angelina is somehow almost the same as Kayla. Translating; snobby, rich, mean and horrible."

I gulped. Exactly like books and movies. This is just so...ugh!

Knock, I said into Lilia's head. Maybe this way she would have to...

Ali, get out of my head.

Never mind.

Please do it! No. I command you to!

Lilia sighed heavily, but knocked on the door.

A boy about my age or so answered, with a phone in his hand. He had blue eyes and brown side bangs. I thought he was cute.

That is, until he opened his mouth.

"Just what I need! Two wimps!" he muttered.

Wimps? Does he think we're wimps? Oh, I'll show him who's a wimp! "Excuse me?" I snapped.