Like Magic

"She isn't the only one who's got some moves.", said a blonde Shadowhunters he never saw before, not that he had that much of a chance to meet them all.

Lorenzo was able to feel himself tight up at the advance. Alec had a warlock for boyfriend, so he was different, but even after all that happened, Shadowhunters, in general, were not that fond of his kind.

So he did, what he always did: protect himself.

"A Shadowhunter complimenting a warlock?", he found himself saying, sounding nowhere as bitter as the phrase appeared to when it popped up in his mind.

The blond didn't seem startled by his questioning, something Rey was both surprised and worried about.

There was this alluring thing about the blonde one. He didn't have any idea of what it was, but it was drawing him into the other.

It was dangerous.

Still, Lorenzo couldn't move out of the situation, like there was something binding him at the place at that moment.

"Andrew Underhill.", Lorenzo could hear the Nephilim say over the loud music inside the hall. Andrew. 'What a beautiful name' was the first thing that crossed the warlock's mind.

"Lorenzo Rey.", said the warlock, somewhere close to friendly.

Lorenzo was shocked by how fast his guard got down around Andrew. He should know better than this, he tried, in vain, to remind himself.

However, it just felt like the right thing to do.

A bright smile came from Underhill, not a smug one, but a pure and genuine one and Rey was melting into it.

He was doomed, absolutely doomed.

The Nephilim extended his hand to Lorenzo. Very formal, very Shadowhunter like if you asked him so. He took it anyway, too fast for his own liking: almost immediately.

The moment their hands brushed, he could feel it. The magic inside of him, rejoicing, lividly flowing through his body, so fast and so hard, he feared the golden aura to appear around his hands without his permission.

He never felt anything like that before, It was like magic. And that was such a cheesy thing to say for a warlock.

He smiled back at Underhill, and in the process, he laughed at himself, as something similar to 'look at us' crossed his mind.

Just to be quickly forgotten, as Andrew's other hand embraced his.