The Albino

Mufasa sat alongside Scar as the two watched life in this world they new continue on. It was strange to think one day they would fight to be king but that held no importance now.

A white flickering motion caught the eye of the darkest brother causing  him to look towards the motion. Now that he was looking at it he realized it was more of a cream white not a sheer white.

A lion it was. Following the older darker female lion. It stumbled and and fought for balance.

"Mother... who is that? " askex Mufasa. The large lioness looked out and saw the pale lion cub. She did not know.

"She's one of the other tribes cubs. I do not know her name though. "

"Why is she so pale. "

Scar asked intrigued by the cub lioness. His mother smiled and rose over nuzzling her sons. A hint of wisdom was passed through the nuzzling.

"She's an albino.. "

Scar pulled back and watched the female cub as she followed behind her mother.

"What's that? "

Mufasa asked looking to his mother. Uru smiled to her son and sat down.

"Well if you take us with the colors we have and decrease it many many times you get that cub. She happened to be birthed with a condition making her paler than usual. "

Uru chuckled as the small cub stumbled and fell into a pile of flowers causing pollen to explode everywhere. She sneezed and her mother lifted her by her scruff before placing her back down and walking slower to keep her close.

"She happens to have the other issues albinos do. Look at her eyes. The pupils are white not black. "

"So she's blind? "

Scar asked calmly as the cub was sat down. She sniffed around and sneezed once more. To Scar she was beautiful to the eyes.

"Yes. What else she has is unknown to you and eye but she could be deaf or mute. "

Uru smiled and looked around once more. Scar looked over and noticed as his mother's face fell in great displeasure and worry.

He looked to the area looking for what caused her to change suddenly. A black slick form slithered closer to the cub as she sat waiting for her mother.

"Inside. Now. "

Uru said forcing her cubs up and into the cave.

"Ahadi! "

Uru called out. He came up quickly and looked to where she pointed. Scar watched as his parents spoke softly. A loud roar echoed out from their fathers mouth and they took off.

Standing up Scar prepared to run but Mufasa stopped him.

"They don't want us out their! "

He said. His brother fought to get free but so in enough when many cries echoed out he stopped.

Clashing of claws on stone indicated the arrival of another lion running in. Ahadi forced into the cave as he was followed by his mate.

A large lioness bloodied and unconscious lay over their fathers back. Uru had the cub from before in her mouth as she ran in.

Scar followed after his parents as they lay the female down and her cub. Scar watched the cub as she wheezed.

"Go for Rafiki! Tell him of the fight and injuries. "

Uru said to her mate. Ahadi took off and ran in the direction of the Baboons home. Mufasa watched in horror not moving yet Scar was beside the female cub as she wheezed in pain.

"Scar don't look. "

His mother took him away before he could see the worse of the injuries on the cubs mother. Rafiki arrived and cared for the lioness and cub.

Later Scar and Mufasa learned a large black lion attacked them intent to kill. Mufasa stared horrified but Scar was infuriated. Looking to the cub he grew angered and promised to get revenge for her.