Chapter- 4

BELLA'S POV

Finally first day at Mystic Falls High School. I was fully prepared for today. I tried calling Bonnie but she wouldn't pick up so I decided to call Elena instead. I didn't want to drive to school all by myself  since it was my first day.

"Hey Bella" Elena said.

"Hi Elena, actually I was wondering if I could get a ride to school today. I didn't want to go alone and Bonnie wouldn't pick her phone. Would that be okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah of course. Just text me the address."

"Okay, thanks," I replied and then texted her the address.

I'll be there in five minutes. She texted back.

After five minutes Elena was here, and we drove silently all the way to school. Caroline joined us.

"So have you talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked Caroline.

"No and I would never wanna talk to her" she said in an annoyed voice.

"Why are you being so grumpy? " I asked her.

"She's a thief that's why. I gave her my necklace and now when I want it back, she not giving it to me." She said.

"Bonnie would never do that" I told her.

"Only that she did. She's a thief." She exclaimed.

"I am not getting in between that." Elena said not wanting to get involved with the Caroline-Bonnie drama. 

"I agree." I said. They need to sort it out on their own.

"Good" Caroline said.

--------------------

We were already late for our history class. Today a new teacher was coming to teach us as the previous one was killed by an animal attack. But I don't think it was an animal attack. When James hunted all those people, they labelled it as animal attacks too. I shrugged away those thoughts.

Bonnie came running into the class, her clothes dishevelled. She went straight to her seat without making any eye contact with anyone.

"Good Morning everyone," said a man entering the classroom.

I looked at Bonnie and mouthed 'Are you okay' and in reply she just shrugged her shoulders.  Okay now I was officially very worried. I can't wait to get this class over and talk to her.

I soon found out that the man entered the classroom was named Alaric Saltzman and was our new history teacher.

---------------

After the history class was over, me, Elena and Bonnie went to the cafeteria and asked Bonnie what was going on? She told us about her dreams, about her ancestor Emily and how she ended up waking at the tomb.

"Do you guys believe in ghosts," Bonnie asked us looking really scared.

"Two weeks ago, I would say no but now," Elena said but I cut her off by saying "Yeah I mean witches existed so it shouldn't be surprising if ghost existed too." I ended.

"I think I am being haunted" Bonnie said looking damn nervous.

"I don't get it why Emily?" Elena asked her.

"Grams said that she was a powerful witch back in the Civil war days and that this necklace was hers, it's a witch's talisman," Bonnie told us.

"And it all started when you got this necklace," I asked her. Apparently, Caroline did give this necklace to Bonnie and she discussed it with Grams and realised that it belonged to her ancestor and it was her duty to protect it since it's a witch's talisman.