"Can Jian Chen and the Spiritking destroy this evil power?"

At this moment, a similar thought appeared in the heads of all the Origin realm experts. They had not started fighting yet, but they had already witnessed how terrifying the evil power was. They began to doubt whether or not Jian Chen and the Spiritking could deal with this crisis, because this crisis was so terrifying that it seemed much greater than both Jian Chen and the Spiritking.

However, they did not shrink back at all no matter how much despair they felt since there was no way out. The only hope for them was to face it head-on and squeeze out a chance for survival.

Jian Chen and the Spirtking both stood up. They stared sternly ahead before moving at the same time. Their bodies became swords as they radiated a surging sword intent, charging toward the evil power at the speed of lightning.

As they charged toward the evil power, fairy Hao Yue was feeling conflicted inside the Bright Moon Divine Hall. She murmured to herself, "There's less than a ten percent chance that this world will survive the crisis. With Jian Chen's and the Spiritking's strength, they'll only be able to keep the evil spirit busy for some time, which won't be very long. Once the two of them fall, the evil spirit will move against all forms of life on this planet. Even I won't be able to survive in my current form. Do I have to use the forbidden technique to leave here in the end?"

Fairy Hao Yue hesitated. She would be protected from the evil spirit if she used her forbidden technique and could even return to the Saints' World, but the price be too much. The price was so drastic that she was willing to give up her body and live as a soul for over ten thousand years just to avoid using it.

"I'm too weak right now. I don't have a body, nor do I have Moonlight Force. My soul will disintegrate even if it's just fleeing from here if I use the forbidden technique..." fairy Hao Yue sighed. Her face was filled with helplessness. She did not consider her disciple, You Yue, at all. She had only accepted You Yue because Jian Chen's talent had caught her eye. She wanted to form a bond with Jian Chen through You Yue so that she could pay a small price or even nothing to leave this place when Jian Chen ventured to the Saints' World in the future.

She had never thought that this world would face a crisis at this very moment, destroying her plans. When the evil spirit was coming to attack, it had disturbed the laws of the world as well, making it impossible for the passage to the Saints' World to be opened, so she could not return to the Saints' World by herself even if she paid a price for the forbidden technique.

Jian Chen wielded the Zi Ying Sword while shrouded by a layer of dense violet light. He charged into the red light as a violet comet. Beside him, the Spiritking wielded the Cloudstream Sword. He seemed to have become a huge sword as he charged into the red light with Jian Chen. The two of them moved with full power to fend off the evil power around them.

The two of them charged into the blinding red light while a blurry figure hovered in the center of the light. It radiated the icy-cold presence of evil. With a strange laughter, the blurry figure that seemed to be condensed from mist slowly raised its hands toward Jian Chen and the Spiritking. At that moment, an endless amount of blood-red mist spewed out, enveloping Jian Chen and the Spiritking.

Chapter 1612: A Bloody Battle Against the Evil Spirit (Two)

The blood-red mist was extremely evil, filled with a presence that could cause people to shiver without being physically cold. Within the blood-red mist, a bone-chilling coldness seemed to attack Jian Chen and the Spiritking. It penetrated their defensive glow and approached their skin before entering their bodies. Blood stopped flowing, and all signs of life were frozen wherever the coldness passed. Even their limbs became stiff.