~CHAPTER TWO~

——CHAPTER 2: An Odd turn of Events——

Amelia woke up, finding herself on an unfamiliar couch. She heard unfamiliar voices speaking about unfamiliar things. Everything about this was...utterly unfamiliar. She sat up, still feeling a slightly numbed pain in her arm. It was bandaged. Oh that's right. The donut shop. How could she forget?

"Oh, you're awake."

Amelia turned her head over to the voice. It's the boy from earlier.

"...Five?" She asked, still unsure about the unusual name. Well, nothing in her life was usual anymore was it? So she supposed it didn't matter.

The boy nodded. He was sipping something. More coffee? How much did this kid need??? She saw another woman and weakly waved, smiling. "Good evening." She said. The woman nodded and waved. "Uhm...hey..I'm Five's sister Vanya. Are you feeling any better?" She asked. Amelia nodded. "Yes, much actually." She smiled, sitting up. "Thank you Miss Vanya."

Vanya got up. "Just try to take it easy." She went to get something for Five. The young boy followed. Amelia sat back on the comfy cushions. She felt herself slowly drift off again, enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.

~The-Next-Morning~

Amelia woke up and looked around, panicking for a second because of the strange environment. Then she remembered. She's at Five's sister, Vanya's, house. Come to think of it, where was Five? He must've left earlier. She lazily got out of bed and made her way over to the fridge. Grabbing a sticky note, she wrote the kind stranger a note.

Dear Miss Vanya,
Thank you for having me. Unfortunately I have to go home. Don't worry. I am safe.
~Amelia

She took a moment to look around the room. It looked different in the sun. The soft carpet in the middle of the living room had an almost antique look to it. The wallpaper was white with cracks in the paint. She decided to focus on the hardwood floors. Oak. She smiled softly to herself. Her old house in the country had oak floors. She remembered taking her shoes off and just sliding everywhere until her parents scolded her or she fell.

She shook her head, thinking she should probably go home, or at least make sure Agnes knows she's ok. She swiftly left, trying not to make any noise.

"Thank you Five.."

————————————————————

A/N: HEY YALLS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IVE BEEN REALLY UNINSPIRED BUT I PROMISE IM GONNA START WORKING ON NEW STORIESSSSS HH