The Little Butterfly

There once lived a happy little butterfly. It was born just the same, but it had the most beautiful wings you'd ever seen. A monster soon came and trapped the butterfly away. It caged it and broke its wings and stained them with blood. It barely allowed the little butterfly to go out at all.

One day, when the little butterfly was allowed out, it met another butterfly with purple wings. The two laughed and joked until the purple butterfly noticed the little one's wings. She asked and she soon learned about the monster who kept the little butterfly captive. The purple butterfly attempted to help her, comfort her, aid her, but it was useless in the end.

The day soon came when the little butterfly no longer flew out. In the cage where she was kept lay a limp body with broken wings. The purple butterfly found out quite fast and was never the same. She always blamed herself, knowing she had been dumb and could have done something. But she didn't. And now the little butterfly was gone. It became too much for the purple butterfly so she broke her wings. "We're even now. You can wake up now." She cried, but the little butterfly did not wake up. She had decided her time was now and the purple butterfly couldn't change that.

Though the purple butterfly still longs for her friend, longs to write a letter that the little butterfly will never see. There's so much she wishes to say. There's so much she wishes to know. And though the little one is gone, the purple butterfly lives on. Unfair as it is, as much as the purple butterfly wishes to join her, she lives on. She can't change the past and she can't live in it so she lives on hoping the pain will one day stop. Though the pain may never be end, the purple butterfly has made her peace with it and accepts it for being stuck in one moment forever won't bring her back or make it better and she knows she has others to live for. The purple butterfly will live on until she can once again see the beautiful mind of the little butterfly.