He chuckled, knowing only he got the joke.

The sundae was pretty good, but it couldn't compare to the apple pie they just had.

"You know instead of diving into wedding dress shopping, you might offer Dawn to shop for the baby. It's a way to spend some time together and set up a nice room for the child, right?" Kim suggested.

"I'll suggest that to Dawn." He nodded.

He did offer to support the baby financially, shopping for the baby was probably okay he assumed.

"You should tag along too if Dawn doesn't mind." Kim looked at Scarlett, "You are going to be part of the child's life too. It's best if everyone gets used to the idea soon."

He placed his hand on Scarlett's knee, giving it a reassuring squeeze. She didn't seem upset by the idea so he figured she would like to tag along. He first needed to speak to Dawn about it. He didn't want to overwhelm her.

When he flickered his eyes to Kim he returned her smile. She was what his mother and Scarlett needed but she couldn't always be around so he probably should pick up a thing or two about extinguishing the fire between his mother and future wife.

***

Driving Scarlett home was a challenge for him. The woman kept touching him, running her hand over his thigh or giving him a quick kiss against the cheek. She was playing around, having fun.

"You better be prepared to finish this little game you're playing." He warned her.

Scarlett gave him an over the top laugh which told him enough, but of course, the woman he fell in love with wouldn't leave it at that.

"Who says I'm playing?" She asked.

He glanced at her, smirking at seeing the fierce look in her eyes. He focused back on the road, not wanting the game to be over too quickly. Safety came first, always.

"This going back and forth between apartments does get tiring."

She was silent for a minute, taking in what he said. When her eyes took him in he could feel her smile at him, he didn't need to look at the sassy woman to know she had that victorious grin spread across her face.

"It does get really tiring." She agreed, he could hear that smile in her voice, "What are you going to do about it?"

The woman beside him wouldn't be Scarlett Archer without a little pushing and witty comments. She wanted to push now and he'd give her what she wanted. If she thought he'd chicken out he'd stun her completely.

"I'm going to move you to my apartment." He flashed her a quick smile, "How do you feel about that?"

She pursed her lips, acting as if she was thinking about it. He knew better, the woman had already made up her mind.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

It wasn't just a plan, it was a decision which they both made without needing to discuss it. He shook his head when he felt her smile at him again. She leaned in again and kissed his cheek.

***

Scarlett decided to stay home while he went shopping with Dawn. They moved in together and she wanted to make his place her own, whatever that meant. He wasn't scared, she knew him. He trusted her with their apartment.

Shopping with Dawn was an experience. She kept glancing at the price tags, she looked uncomfortable with him buying the furniture even though she agreed to his suggestion.

"I wouldn't have asked to do this if I didn't want it." He told her, walking beside her as they wandered the store.

"I know, it's just a lot to get used to, you know."