The Return

2 year time skip

Lokis POV
As I entered the Earth's atmosphere, I changed the settings on my space-pod so that it was invisible. I flew down into the city Manhattan and found a recluse place to land. I shapeshifted away my defining features such as my hair and clothing and replaced them with short brown hair and a midgardian suit. I took a deep breath before stepping from the shadows of two towering buildings. The sun felt amazing on my face and delicious aromas from various foods filled the air. Gods, I was starving. I walked toward a merchant selling a food called a 'hot-dog' and purchased one using Earth money I conjured up. I took a bite and was delighted by the flavors. But my appetite soon curved when I reminded myself why I was here.

I approached the first human I saw,
"Erm, excuse me.. this is possibly an impolite thing to ask, but I'm not from here and I was wondering how the city has recovered from the... attack in two thousand twelve."
The woman looked taken aback by my question but answered me anyways.
"Well, it's only been four years.. but as you can see a good portion of the city has been restored. But there are still many areas that need desperate repairs. And of course theres a lot more that needs to be done for everyone who was victim to the attack. So many people have been fucked up by it.."
The young woman began to cry.
"I... I'm more apologetic about this than you could ever know... Is there something that can be done? I came here because I have the ability to help. I can fix the mess that- Loki made."
"Uh.. yeah.. theres a bunch of organizations and companies that are continuously rebuilding Manhattan... Where did you say you were from?"
She began to grow suspicious.
"..Norway."
I quickly lied before speeding away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wandered around the city searching for more information. A large banner caught my eye, it read,
"Join the SOTRM! (Stark Organization To Rebuild Manhattan) Call 646-857-9904 today to learn how you can get involved!"
I pulled out my book of notes and scribbled down the code and hurried to another mortal,
"Pardon me Sir, but I need to make a call."
"Than use your damn phone!"
The mortal man shoved passed me,
"Fuckin weirdo."
I heard him mumble as he walked away. I had to fight back my temptation to stab the ugly peice of shit, it'd be incredibly counterproductive. Shaking my thoughts away, I strolled into a nearby building, hoping to find a 'phone.'
"Hello,"
I greeted the clerk at the front counter,
"Is there a phone I could possibly use? I need to make an important call and I seemed to have lost mine."
The worker didn't verbally answer me, instead he pointed his finger to an old looking type of machinery.

I punched the SOTRN numbers into it and picked up what I figured was the phone. It made a weird ringing noise before I heard a crackle, then a woman's voice.
"Hello, you've reached SOTRN, how can I help you today?"
Oh! So a phone is a voice transmitting machine!
I logged that away before responding,
"Ah yes, actually I was hoping that I could help you! I was interested in taking part of rebuilding."
'That's wonderful! I'll give you the address and then we can talk more face to face, does that sound alright?"
She inquired politely.
"That sounds fantastic!"
I shouted with excitement.
"Great! The address is 332A Lexington Road, thank you and have a wonderful day!"
I heard another click and the ringing returned. I set the phone down and a wide smile spread across my face.
"Finally!"
I jumped in excitement, drawing attention to myself. My face grew warm but I still grinned. With a new found spring in my step, I rushed out of the building on the search for my next stop.

I found directions quickly and made my way in a hurry. I ran and ran and ran and didn't stop to catch my breath until I arrived at Lexington Road. I surveyed each building,
326A, 327A.., 330A..., 332!
As I took my approaching steps a golden ring of magic circled around me.
What in Valhalla?
I tried to step outside the ring but it just got bigger and spun faster until- I fell.

No, NO! NOT NOW! Please no.
I was falling rapidly through some sort of vortex, my stomach climbed to my throat. A light formed in the distance but it grew closer before I knew what was happening and then-
Thunk
I crashed into a hard wooden surface.
"Argh."
I groaned in pain as I picked myself up.
There was a presence behind me.
"Loki Odinson."

I sharply inhaled before facing the being behind me. I put on my war face and pulled my daggers out of the air,
"Who the fuck are you."