"Are you okay?"

"Peachy," I said, with a cheeky grin. "Now that you're here." I added silently.

I saw Jet make a fake-retching motion and was about to throw something at him when Kiel shook my face gently and I looked back up at him.

You can hear me.

"Uh, yeah I can hear you." I said and Jet threw me a weird look.

I'm not speaking aloud.

I met Kiel's dark violet eyes that held a grin in them.

"Uh, but I can hear you."

Jet whistled and twirled his finger near his temple.

"I'm serious! I can hear him." I muttered at Jet, who shrugged and walked out the door.

I glared up at Kiel.

"I'm not crazy." I grumbled.

Speak in your head.

I'm not crazy, I thought.

"No, you're not." He confirmed. I gasped.

"What did you do?" I asked, staring at him open mouthed.

"Created a meta-physical bridge between your mind and mine." He said.

Well, it felt like he'd taken a hammer and banged at my head till it gave in. I thought.

He winced, "Sorry." He said.

I startled. He'd heard that?

He nodded.

I rubbed a hand down my face. Great.

He smirked at me and opened his mouth to say something when Greg called my name from downstairs. I started to drudge forward when Kiel caught my arm and pulled me into his chest, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm never letting you go again." He said.

I smiled, though he couldn't see it.

"You might regret saying that." I said, and he squeezed me gently before turning me around and giving me a light pat on my tushy, as if to say 'get moving'.

When I dropped down on the couch at the dining room, I introduced everyone.

Do they know about us?

I looked up at Kiel and nodded almost imperceptibly, forgetting that I could still talk to him via the bridge thingy. He didn't take a seat, he came to stand behind me with his arms crossed and his cape swooshing behind him. I looked up and smiled at him.

I like them, I told him.

He looked down at me and let out a small huff of breath.

"Tell me what happened." He said.

I took a deep breath and went into full on story time with Kiki mode. When I completed the story, Jet was muttering curses under his breath and Kiel was...pissed off. But I could see the wheels running in his head. Steely eyed hunter.

"What do you mean by 'rush of energy'? Where did you get it from?" he asked.

I shrugged, "I didn't get it either. I assume that someone helped me...I don't know who because I didn't turn to look." I said.

His eyes narrowed again.

So..someone has helped you. Who? Most importantly, why?

"Well, they do say don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I said.