𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔵

Start from the beginning

05/03

"wow that wasn't even a foul ref" I said before taking another spoon of pudding

I felt the bed dip a bit and turned to see Masai now awake and staring at me.

"is that my pudding?" He asked

"yes. it was either this or your cake. you're lucky I had respect. Happy Birthday though" I said before leaning over and giving him a kiss on the forehead

"cake?" He asked before looking around at the festive room

"the guys helped me set it up. we all came in together but you were asleep. they waited for like an hour but then left, ten minutes ago actually. they're coming back soon"

"all these damn balloons" He whispered while looking at the balloons scattered around the room

"nineteen. well technically twenty one since I got the numbers one and nine, then nineteen regular balloons"

"thank you babe"

"uh huh"

"wait, you watching ball?" He asked before laughing

"the guys were but then they left to go get something and I continued. they'll be back later with your mom, and also my gift for you"

"you ain't needa get me a gift, you are my gift"

"oh well I got you a gift"

"thank you. truthfully though the only thing I want is to leave this bumbass place. I hate hospitals"

"relax, you only got out of surgery nine days ago. you'll be out in a few days. then we're going to New York for Storm's graduation. that is if you're still up for it"

"of course, but that's if the judge let's me. I'm required to stay here remember?"

"Carter's handling that"

I put the empty pudding cup to the side then shifted my body so that I was laying down and facing him.

"how are you?" He asked

"funny how the one who was shot is asking that question. I'm fine though"

Ever since the shooting our school got shut down for the remainder of the semester. We were either given the grades we ended off with or the professor assigned an online final which I'm sure everyone cheated on.

So I had to pack all of my stuff and put it in storage, as well as Masai's but his mom helped with that.

My dad got Masai's mom an Airbnb to stay close by Masai while he recovers. Leigh, Wayne, Majesty and I have also been staying at and Airbnb right by her's. Leigh leaves tomorrow morning though since he has to tend to his issues back home which he still won't tell about. I'm over it though, I trust that he'll tell me about it someday when he's ready. I'm just happy he comes and visits Masai whenever he can.

"how're you?" I asked even though I knew he'd hit me with the same answer as always

"I'm good now"