The Aftermath Of The War

Start from the beginning

Fred. Remus. Tonks. Moody. Sirius. Colin. Snape. Dumbledore. And many more who have fallen.

He was sweating profusely as he shivered all over, tears glistening over his green eyes.

He got up and went down to the 8th Year Common Room so he wouldn't wake anyone. He doesn't have enough energy to cast Silencing Charms.

He was desperately trying to calm himself. He didn't wanna stay in his room. It just made it worse.

Harry was stopping the sobs from coming out of his mouth as he grabbed and pulled at his raven locks.

"Harry?"

He turned as he wiped at his eyes.

Y/n was standing at the bottom of the staircase leading to the girl's dorm in blue silk pajamas.

She quickly made a move to sit next to Harry, knees apart as she sat, clasped hands in between as if she was a boy instead of a girl.

"It's the nightmares...isn't it?" she asked.

Harry could only nod. He knew that if he tried to speak, he would break down into a sobbing mess.

"I've been having them too. They're the worse." Y/n said.

Silence.

"Do you need a hug?"

Harry sniffled as he nodded and Y/n scooted closer, engulfing him in a warm and comforting hug.

He reciprocated it again and buried his face into her neck, composure breaking as he broke down into sobs.

Y/n rubbed his back in a soothing manner, while whispering sweet words into his ear. She tried her best to make him feel better.

"You're so strong, Harry. It's okay. Just let it out. Don't hold it in. It's going to be okay,"

"It's my fault they died. It's all my-"

"Harry Potter! This, is none of your fault. It was never your fault. It's Voldemort's. And him alone. You had no part in it!"

"I could have saved them!!"

She pulled away from the hug and placed both of her hands gently on his cheeks.

"Harry, you're just one man. You can't do it all by yourself! You did your best to protect them, Harry! You risked your life for us. You even died. Our hope died with you when we saw you in Hagrid's arms. But it was revived again when you jumped up and caught the wand that Draco Malfoy threw at you. You fought him with all your might," she said, looking straight into his eyes.

"Those who have fallen, including your parents, I know they're so proud of you. You gave them justice. You ended the war and defeated Voldemort once and for all. And that says a lot for just one man. You've already been through a lot, Harry. And it's time that you get a break from all the shite and all the shitheads you've fought and been through."

This made Harry give out a small but genuine chuckle. Y/n just smiled and pulled him into a hug again.

"You're a hero, Harry. Our hero. But hero or not, you're not invincible. You're only human. Don't push yourself into the limitations that could probably screw up something so bad that you'd have to risk your life again. Do us a favor and don't almost get your arse killed for at least five years. I mean, let us at least return the favor by getting OUR arses kicked instead next time."

This time, Harry was full blown laughing which made Blue giggle as well.

She pulled away and wiped the tears under Harry's eyes with her thumbs.

"How're you feeling now?" she asked.

"Much better. I haven't laughed like that in so long," Harry said and grinned a big smile.

"I'm glad I made things a bit better for you tonight." Y/n said with a little smile.

"Knowing that it's you who's comforting me just made it soo much better than you made it seem."

She just smiled shyly.

Harry slowly reached out and grabbed her hand that was seated on her lap.

He squeezed it a bit and his smile got bigger when she squeezed his hand back.

Their eyes met, this time with a sparkle that wasn't there the first time.

[A/n:
So yep. That's the first imagine. I know it sucked. And it's unfortunate that this sucky imagine is more than a thousand words.

I apologize for that. I'll try and make the next one better. I apologize for any grammatical errors too. My English isn't too great.

So...yeah. Feel free to criticize it in the comments if you feel like it (I don't mean that it in the rude way. I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm just saying that this one really sucked).

Till next time!]

~Blue Sparkle Jewel 💙