Chapter Four - The Come-Out

Neil's P.O.V

After Max and I have awkwardly woken up like that, we agreed to not bring it up to anyone else on the camp. Max and I headed to the Mess Hall for breakfast. I didn't eat it because of how disgusting and poisonous it could be. I glanced over at Max as he took a few bites. He noticed my stares and glanced at me.

I awkwardly looked down at my food. I could feel Max was probably blushing or probably wanting to kill me. I don't want it to be the second option. You know, I don't even know why I'm staring at him, or being okay with him having to sleep with me..he's adorable either way. I looked over at him again. "Hey..um, Max..?" I started to ask.

"Hm?" I heard him responding to me over a mouthful of bacon. "I want to talk to you about something after you're done eating. Alone. In the tent..?" I continued. Maybe I can ask him if he liked me. I'm positively sure I like him.

"Oh..um..okay, sure, whatever." Max replied to my question, grumpy as usual. "Well okay, then.." I answered, nervously.

——obvious time skip to when Max emptied his plate n stuff——

Max's P.O.V

Neil wanted to talk to me about something, and I want to know what it's about, and I agreed to go to the tent alone with him. He started to ask me these odd questions...

"Do you like anybody?" I said: yes. For some reason he asked if I liked a boy or a girl. I said I liked a boy. I liked him. He then asked who they were? I had to answer him anyway.

"U-Um..Neil..thing is, I only figured out a bit ago about my sexuality. I'm gay, and the only guy who I've liked here was you..I like you, Neil.." After telling Neil this, he was blushing red.

Then I ended up having his lips against mine. Was he...kissing me? To be honest, he's a good kisser. After this day, Neil and I have been a couple.