I thought i didn't know you

Another early morning, I rushed to pack last few things for school camp, eating breakfast in the car as my tea spilled out of my cup onto my shirt and the seat of a car. At the same time mum yelled for not watching the bumps.
I arrived to school, kissing my mum and rushing to the bus where everyone was already standing. I loved school camps, I still do. I walked past him. We made eye contact but I kept walking as my pride didn't allow me to speak to him.
I got on the different bus to him and we started driving. I forgot about him the minute I saw my friends. Nothing about him caught me.

Half way through, the other bus caught up with ours and I saw him through the window. Guess what? He was staring right back at me into my soul. I waved and he waved back. Not gonna lie, it was a pretty awkward encounter.
We had a stop at MacDonalds couple of minutes later and he was talking to my friends while I walked out of the bathroom. We started talking but I acted tough and like I didn't care. Needless to say he was new, I was meant to not like him.

When we arrived at camp site. I saw him again, there, getting his bags out of the bus. I asked him what school he went to before mine. The answer had me startled, maybe he isn't as foreign after all?