She leaned back, cupping his cold and pale face between her hands. ''I'm begging you, Robin; please... wake up. I can't live without you Robin... If you die, I'll die. Please open your eyes.'' 

When she closed her eyes, a few more tears rolled down her cheeks. She leaned down to kiss him one last time. For a split second she felt hope enter her heart that - just maybe - True Love's Kiss could save him. But Regina withdrew and Robin remained pale and cold, the thought of Robin not loving her as much she loved him almost crushing her already shattered heart.

Her heart.

That was it.

Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart.

Without thought she put her hand into Robin's chest and pulled his heart out, wincing as the cold bit into her skin. She stared at his heart for a while, taking note of the white colour and how cold it felt in her hands. Nothing like the warm, red his heart should have been

Regina put down his heart carefully on the table next to her and without giving much thought to any risks her actions may have, she put her hand in her chest and pulled out her own heart. 

Grabbing the heart in both hands, she twisted until it split, gasping as a surge of pain shot through her. Holding her breath, Regina placed half of her heart in Robin's chest, and returned the other half into herself.

She waited. And waited. 

For several long moments there was nothing. No change at all.  

Regina's head dropped to her hands, sobs wracking her body as it finally sank in that she had lost him. Again. Although this time it was forever. 

With her head in her hands, Regina missed the ice around Robin melt away and his pallor becoming more of a warm tone. 

When he gasped and took a deep breath, Regina jolted upright, a beaming smile on her face as she finally seemed able to breathe again. Her eyes never left his face, waiting for his eyes to open so she could see his beautiful baby blues again, and when she did, Regina couldn't help but fall into his arms and wrap her arms around him as she let out a loud cry of relief. 

''Regina'' Robin whispered, his voice rather hoarse as his body tried to recover. ''What did you do?'' he asked, cupping her face with his hands and brushing her tears away. 

''Robin... I was so afraid... I thought... I'd lost you. I can't lose you,'' she managed to say between sobs.

''Shh... Regina, I'm here... I'm not going anywhere,'' he promised in an attempt to calm his soulmate down. 

''Please Regina, breathe. I'm ok.'' Robin kissed her forehead.

''You're ok?'' Regina breathed, sighing in relief as she wound her arms around his neck, touching her forehead to his. 

''I'm ok.'' he reiterated, bringing his arms to rest on her back and hug her tighter.

The events of the past few minutes caught up with Regina and she couldn't help herself from crashing her lips onto Robin's, seeking his tongue with hers as she proved to herself that this was not a dream and he was safe and ok in front of her.

"How did you know something happened?" Robin asked when they parted.

''I felt it. Inside of me Robin, I felt it and... somehow I knew where to find you.'' There was a short pause before Regina brought her fist down onto his torso, crying "don't you dare do that to me again,'' before she buried her face in his chest, hearing his heart beating... no, her heart; she heard her heart beating. She smiled against him and kissed his chest.

Robin turned his head to the side and saw a heart, frozen solid, on the table. his eyebrows scrunched in confusion before he realised what she had done.  ''Regina... Please tell me that it's not your heart beating inside of me.''

When she didn't say anything, he got his answer and he felt his temper flare. 

''Regina are you insane? You could have died!"

''I didn't care.'' She muttered, tightening her grip on him.

''But I thought you were with-'' 

''Jefferson? Oh, Robin, I couldn't possibly... I love you. I want you, not him.'' she confessed, craning her neck to kiss him again. He gladly returned the kiss, savouring her mouth as he kissed her deeper with all the pent up passion from the last two weeks. She molded her body to his and interlinked her hands behind his neck. 

''Thank you,'' he whispered against her mouth.

''Thank you,'' she answered him rather breathlessly, emphasizing the 'you'.

''For what?'' he asked, smiling.

'You lived for me. You woke up," She whispered, smiling with a couple of tears running down her cheeks. "You came back to me."

''I love you, sweetheart.'' Robin smiled and kissed her again.

''I love you too, Robin,'' she said against his lips as she kissed him back. 

''You risked your life for me,'' Robin stated. "Don't do anything like that ever again.''

''As long as you're safe, and with me, I won't need to." She said, closing her eyes as she snuggled into him.

She stayed there with her head on his chest, listening to their heart beating in his chest.

This was where they belonged.

Together.