The Sun Will Rise and We Will Try Again

A/N: I'm just gonna put TW's for every chapter just in case something pops up in the chapter that I wasn't planning to write. I'll add more under each trigger warning if I had not already added it. Stay safe ya'll.  ~ Dakota <3

TRIGGER WARING: Abuse | Self Harm (SH) | Suicidal Ideation (SI) / Attempt | Homophobia | Cursing | Talking down / Degrading 

Tyler woke up super disoriented and not recognising where he is. He didn't remember falling asleep last night let alone putting on clothes after his shower to get into bed, yet, here he is, laying down in his bed. Though, the more he looks around he realises that this is not his bed, and more importantly this is not his room. There's an I.V. drip hooked up to his arm and gauze wrapped around where he had cut himself the night before.

"shit." he whisper yells to himself, trying to sit up and pull off the drip and the gauze that litters his body.

"I'm in a hospital. I'm in the hospital. The Crisis Unit. This can't be happening." He continues to think to himself as he feels a wave of panic set in, finally prying off his IV drip and whatever else was attached to his body, suddenly hearing his heart monitor make the sound in which normally would happen if someone's heart had stopped beating.

Immediately there were nurses and doctors sprinting towards his room, only to see him sitting on the ledge of his bed, alive.

"Tyler!" one of the nurses  exclaimed quickly walking over to him and lightly pushing him to lay back down.

"Tyler, you need to lie down and keep everything on, okay? You can't be moving around too much, you're not in good condition considering you have six cracked ribs, a broken ankle, and a slight concussion. You really need to rest, okay?" She continued as she successfully managed to get him to lay back down and carefully started to hook all of the equipment back up to his body.

"H-how.. h-how did I get here? W-why am I here?" Tyler finally managed to squeak out, his ribs now hurting as he simply tried to breathe.

"We got a 9-1-1 call from one of your neighbours. They had reported loud yelling and sounds of distress. They also thought they had heard someone tell you to kill yourself, so they called 9-1-1. You're lucky they did, if they had't called when they did, you wouldn't be here right now, Tyler. You wouldn't be alive." she continued.

He just sat there in shock. Of all the times his parents had abused him, nobody has ever once called 9-1-1. Even when he would scream for help. Who called? Who cared enough to call? And why?

"Tyler? you okay?" the nurse asked, waving her hand in front of his face.

"W-wha--? oh, um, yeah." he responded

"--J-just confused is all... out of all the times I've been abused, no matter how loudly i'd scream for help nobody bothered to call 9-1-1. Not even once. So why now?..." he continued, staring at the bland tile  wall which had a grey-blue paint peeling from it's surface.

The nurse sighed before responding "Well, I'm not sure if I should be telling you this but it was the neighbour who had just moved in next door." she stated, still standing next to his bed.

"Oh." tyler responded, starting to get lost in the fact that he didn't even know there were new neighbours who had moved in next door.

There was a long pause before anyone spoke again.

"W-what's your name?" Tyler finally spoke up, realising he had not known anybody's name this whole time.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I'm Danni." she replied, walking closer to Tyler's bed and double checking that everything was hooked up and working correctly.