What would you do if I... kissed you

Start from the beginning

"No no not like that" I said hurriedly, standing up. "It'd be quite hypocritical of me if I had a problem with it"

I realized what I said a second too late.

"Hypocritical? How" Benny asked stepping so close to me that I had to physically bring my head up just to meet his eyes.

Oh fuck great going there Ethan.

"Umm well" it's now or never. "I'm gay"

I could hear the words vibrating around the room and refused to meet Benny's eyes. Suddenly he started laughing. I looked up at him bewildered.

"What, did you think I wouldn't accept you" he asked ludicrously.

"Well I wasn't sure..." I said looking down again.

"Hey even if I didn't swing both ways, I'd never judge you for something like this"
He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

"So are you ready to go to this school dance with the hottest boy whitechapel has to offer"

"Hell yes" I said enthusiastically. "But sadly you're the best I got"

Benny feigned a hurt expression, I threw another pillow at him and this time it hit his face. Soon we were in an all out pillow war with Jane, who had finally realized we were a lot cooler than her dolls. The whole time one thought kept running through my mind. Is this actually a date?

*Le time skippy cause why not*

"Ethan, Benny's here" my mom yelled from down stairs.

I straightened my tie and looked over at Jane who was sitting on my bed.

"Well" I said doing a spin.

"Your boyfriend will love it" Jane said with a smirk.

I tossed a pillow at her. I ran out of the room and bounded down the stairs.

"Let's go B" I said grabbing his hand.

"What the rush E"

"Well I'm trying to avoid-"

"Picture time"

"That" I groaned as my mom approached with the camera.

"You two just look dashing" she said.

"Ok smile"

Benny threw his arm over my shoulder and smirked at the camera. I tried my best to smile through the embarrassment.

"Enjoy the dance, be back before midnight" my dad called as we raced out the door.

"Will do Mr. Morgan" Benny called back.

We walked the 5 blocks to the school talking about what movie we were gonna watch after the dance. In front of the school we met with Sarah, Rory and Erica.

"Well, well, well Erica. Looking fine tonight aren't we"

Not a date. He's trying to pick up girls. He just wanted me here so he could show off when one finally pity danced with him.

"I am. I have no idea what happened to your outfit"

Benny started to respond but I was already walking away.

"Hey Ethan, you nerd wait up" Sarah called and was quickly in front of me.

"Move"

"Where are you going"

"Home"

"But you just go here"

"So"

"Stop with the one word answers" Sarah said exasperated.