King

Aaron knew that Aphmau was dead, he saw her die. She had been shot in the chest with magic. He couldn't fathom how she was standing right in front of him. He was going to kill the demon king, most likely killing everyone around him in the process.

“Aaron you need to listen to me” Aphmau said, “I can’t let you do this. Violence will solve nothing and I don’t want to see you get hurt because of it.” Aaron paused and looked at her, “I won’t get hurt Aph. So just stand aside and let me deal with this.” he growled. “No! The last time I stopped fighting was when I was killed!” Aphmau shouted as tears welled in her eyes.

Aaron was silent until, “And how is that going to stop me? Last time I checked you were dead!” he argued. “I was revived by an angel Aaron.” Aphmau shouted back. The werewolf looked stunned and shocked, “An angel? Seriously?! Like that would even happen! I bet you’re just someone pretending to be Aphmau so you could get me to stop fighting and then you would try to kill me!” he scoffed accusingly.

Suddenly, time stopped but the two didn’t notice because of the arguing that was going on between them.

A voice started singing over their fighting, “You're alone, you're on your own, so what? Have you gone blind? Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours?” Aphmau and Aaron stopped shouting at each other and listened in silence, as if a kind of force was compelling them to. “Glass half empty, glass half full. Well, either way, you won't be going thirsty. Count your blessings, not your flaws.” The voice sang. Aaron thought of how he had lashed out in anger at the other werewolves even though he knew they were under Ein’s control and weren’t to blame for Aphmau’s death.

“You've got it all. You lost your mind in the sound. There's so much more. You can reclaim your crown. You're in control. Rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all your faults to bed. You can be king again.” the voice rang out. After the verse was finished a shadow cloud thing appeared then morphed into a werewolf with black hair that looked similar to Aaron.

She wore jeans and a light blue and white t-shirt, a green faded jacket and a worn red scarf wrapped around her neck that obviously had been worn a lot and had probably seen better days.

The girl, who looked to be around 15, started singing again quietly, “You don't get what all this is about. You're too wrapped up in your self-doubt. You've got that young blood, set it free.” Aphmau was reminded of how neither Aaron or her had known that Ein would kill her after Aaron gave his ears back. Aaron was thinking of how he doubted himself when Aphmau had died, thinking that he couldn’t do anything of use without Aphmau.

The girl started singing again, “You've got it all. You lost your mind in the sound. There's so much more. You can reclaim your crown. You're in control. Rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all your faults to bed. You can be king again.”

Aaron wondered what the new werewolf meant by the last line as she sung the rest of the song, “There's method in my madness. There's no logic in your sadness. You don't gain a single thing from misery. Take it from me.” the mysterious girl sang. She seemed to be lost in thought, yet she finished the rest of the song. “You've got it all. You lost your mind in the sound. There's so much more. You can reclaim your crown .You're in control. Rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all your faults to bed. You can be king. You've got it all. You lost your mind in the sound. There's so much more. You can reclaim your crown. You're in control. Rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all your faults to bed. You can be king again.”

As she finished the song time resumed and Aphmau and Aaron stopped fighting. The two thought that they heard a voice saying, “I love you…” When time resumed, Aaron confronted the demon king and tried to reason with him. Aphmau got the help of Zane, Kawaii-chan, Kaitlyn, and Garroth to try and get Travis to break free of the demon king's grip on him.

Seeing that both options weren't working, and probably wouldn't, they sealed the demon king in another realm along with Travis. Where that realm was is a story for another day.

A little werewolf girl was sitting in front of an older Aaron. She was bouncing up and down, her eyes sparkling with excitement. “Tell me ‘nother stowy Daddy!” she said with enthusiasm. “I think that’s enough for tonight Lily. It’s way past your bedtime,” Aaron replied while smiling warmly, “We don’t want your mother finding out that you were up this late.” Lily climbed into bed as Aaron tucked her in. He kissed her forehead as she fell asleep. “Goodnight Lily flower.” he said. “Night Daddy” she responded as she fell asleep and Aaron shut the door to her bedroom.