Brooke chewed her lip as she stared at her phone and got into her car. Her phone dinged again as she got another text, this one being from Derek asking where she was.

Brooke started her car with a sigh, and told Stiles she had homework to do and gave a small apology. She locked her phone and pulled out of the Martin's driveway, her Honda going in the direction of downtown.

Once she arrived to the abandoned subway station, she got out of the car quickly and glanced around to make sure no one could see her. She turned on the flashlight of her phone and crawled through the broken entrance way. She found Derek sitting a dusty table, writing something down on a piece of paper.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea," she said, plopping down on the dirty chair across from him. He looked up at her with raised eyebrows. "It's just... they're teenagers, Derek."

"So are you," he replied. She gave him a look.

"That's different and you know it."

Derek rolled his eyes. "Look, B, you're the one that had the dream. You said we needed to be prepared."

Brooke let out a sigh. "I know, I know. I just think having a bunch of young werewolves running around is going to be more harm than good."

Before Derek could respond, the sound of someone calling his name echoed through the station.

"Derek!" Isaac called. "Derek!"

The alpha stood up from his seat and made his way towards the Beta, Brooke following close behind. "What's wrong?"

"It's my dad," Isaac said, his watery eyes bouncing between the two cousins. "I think he's dead."

Brooke gave Derek a knowing look and stepped forward. "What did you do, Isaac?"

"That's the thing!" Isaac responded, walking closer towards them desperately. "It wasn't me."

Brooke turned and looked at Derek with worried eyes. By the look on his face she could tell he was thinking the same as her—her dream was right. Something bad had come to beacon hills.

******

Brooke spent the weekend going back and forth between comforting Lydia about her return to school, brainstorming with Derek to figure out what had killed Isaac's father, and ignoring any texts from Scott and Stiles.

The weekend went by quickly and Brooke woke up early Monday morning so she could stop at the nearby bakery before she picked Lydia up for school. Her best friend took the muffin and coffee gratefully and the two made small talk as they made their way towards the school.

Once they arrived, Allison met them in the parking lot and looked towards Brooke with questioning eyes. The blonde just shrugged; Lydia acted totally fine in the car.

"So you don't remember anything?" Allison asked as they walked up the entrance.

Lydia shook her head. "They called it a 'fugue state' which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days'. But personally, I don't care." She looked at the girls with a coy smile. "I lost nine pounds!"

Brooke and Allison laughed at their friend.

"You ready for this?" Allison asked.

"Please," Lydia smirked. "It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." With that she flipped her hair and opened the door. Brooke looked at Allison apologetically but Allison just scoffed and shook her head. At this point she knew it was just Lydia's way of coping.

REMEDY ⇢ STILINSKIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें