Sweet and Gentle

Beginne am Anfang

It was good that she didn't look into it, he wanted the proposal to be a surprise. If she played detective and figured things out it would have been less exciting. She needed to be blown away. The surprised gasp and the look of shock on her face would tell him he did the right thing.

"Let's not disappoint then and leave right away."

***

The trip to the beach house brought back memories. Scarlett singing along with every damn song and trying to be cute about it. She was actually pretty good, especially when she hummed along with a song she didn't even know.

Everything was the same, yet it felt completely different. There was no pressure, the mood light between them because they didn't have to pretend.

While he got their bags Scarlett took the keys and made her way to the house to unlock it and let him in.

"The cleaning staff must have been here like a minute ago." Scarlett told him as he reached her, 'It smells great."

"That it does."

Scarlett walked ahead of him, strolling to the living room, "Your mom would do great at the company. She's on top of everything."

He chuckled, he couldn't agree more. Emma Starr would do great at the office, a lot of people would be on their toes constantly, always afraid to even breathe. He was also aware that despite his mother having perfect organization skills she'd not do great as a manager. She didn't tolerate mistakes and that was okay.

Handling it on a professional matter was something which would test her patience though.

He dropped the bags in the hallway and followed after Scarlett with a smile which he tried to hide. He watched her stop in her tracks, a gasp leaving her lips as she covered her mouth with her hands.

He managed to surprise her.

Stepping closer to her, he stood by her side and heard her little whisper of utter surprise.

"Oh my God."

His mother and the staff did not disappoint. The living room was filled with beautiful vases of fresh bouquets, tea lights scattered to make it seem like almost a dream. The sweet scent came from all the flowers which were decorating the living room.

He strolled into the living room and reached for the black box which had been stored away in his pocket. He was going to do it right. Getting to one knee he held the box out to her, watching her shake her head at him in disbelief.

"From the moment I met you I knew my life would never be the same." He smiled when he heard her chuckle, "As I got to know you I realized that the two of us just work. We make a great team, always knowing what the other one needs without even needing to speak the words. That's something special and it's something I want to treasure for the rest of my life."

"Stop it." She whispered, her voice trembling with emotions.

He could have sworn she was about to cry, not wanting to torture her any longer he wrapped things up.

"Will you marry me?"

She nodded, not moving forward or speaking up for that matter. She was definitely about to cry. Getting to his feet Lucian took the ring out of the box, tossed the box on the coffee table which made her laugh and approached her carefully.

"You are such a jerk." She whispered to him when he grabbed her hand, ready to slip the ring onto her finger.

He smiled, "Yeah?"

She nodded, "Such a jerk." She repeated.

She wrapped her arms around his neck once the ring was on her finger and kissed him. He could taste her tears on her lips, he was definitely a jerk for making her cry like that. The smile on in the kiss made her bite his lower lip teasingly.

He pulled out of the kiss and watched her, brushing his thumbs over her wet cheeks, "I kept my promise to you and the girls though." He reminded her.

She quietly laughed, "That you did."

He pecked her on her lips once more, "I love you."

She smiled, leaning her head against his shoulder while she let him hold her, "Love you too."

He wrapped his arms tightly around her, letting her feel that he was there for her. She seemed content in his arms, not moving just enjoying the little peaceful moment between them.

"I should have known." She muttered.

He rubbed her back, for a moment reminded of when he comforted Rose like this. He wouldn't tell her that, she'd feel embarrassed at first and then probably tease him. She was very much like a kid who needed comforting right now due to all the excitement though.

"Because you know me that well?"

She looked up at him, "Because this is where it started."

It was because she knew him that she understood why this was the place he needed to propose to her. He couldn't control his emotions either, but he needed comfort in quite a different manner. She giggled and tried to pull away from him.

"That look in your eyes, Lucy, so promising."

He watched her slowly back off with a glittering in her eyes. Now she looked like the Scarlett he first met in his office. She reached for the hem of her flowy pale blue dress, her smirk teasing and her eyes dark as she slowly pulled it up.

She took her dress off, knowing my eyes would take all of her in. She wore a white lace bra and matching panties, the set looking sweet and gentle yet he knew there wasn't anything sweet or gentle about Scarlett right now.

Knowingly she chuckled and then tossed her dress at him when he reached for her.

While he was trying to get himself together she quickly walked past him and headed up the stairs, he could hear her playful laughter and her soft teasing words.

Smiling he walked after her, knowing that this would be his future and he loved it.