Husband v. wife = Worried concubine

Both Third Prince Li Henxin and Princess Consort Xi Yinghua are glaring at each other without caring that Empress Dowager Long Shanding, Emperor Li Qiangda, and Empress Yan Chaoran are looking at the pair with Consort Jing Ruyi watches with an obviously worried expression written on her beautiful face. She ignores the tense exchanges in between the Third Prince and his Princess Consort as she runs towards them before she stops at the ones that worry her the most.

"Wangfei, are you alright? They did not injure you right?"

Empress Dowager Long Shanding turns her head to look at her imperial daughter-in-law, Empress Yan Chaoran with an impressed expression written on her elderly yet still beautiful face.

For the first time, they are able to see on their own eyes that another woman is sincerely worried about another woman of her own husband. Princess Consort Xi Yinghua is indeed one formidable female for being able to gain the trust and respect of the woman that has served her husband for years before she suddenly appeared to be the main wife in the Third Prince's residence.

9 years ago, Consort Jing Ruyi has become the Third Prince's lover when his heart is broken when the one that he has loved since his childhood has suddenly entered the imperial harem to become his older imperial brother's beloved Imperial Noble Consort Du. Though Empress Dowager Long Shandong hated that Consort Jing Ruyi is related to that preposterous woman in Xuehua Gong, she knows that the young woman is indeed sincerely loving her third imperial son and never demanded him to marry her.

Empress Dowager Long Shanding knows that he only married her as his concubine just to spite his wife chosen by his imperial brother who, surprisingly, accepted Consort Jing Ruyi's existence without any malicious intent whatsoever. That young girl has treated his husband's concubine and calls her 'meimei' to show that she is not even bothered.

"Imperial daughter-in-law, one cannot help but worries about Little Third. His wife seems not to be bothered by him marrying a concubine earlier than she becomes his chosen wangfei. But, for such an unbothered attitude of hers, will they have a happy marriage?"

Empress Yan Chaoran smiles as she watches Third Prince Li Henxin who is frowning as he watches how her beloved concubine thoroughly checking his troublesome princess consort as he stands there with a slight injury on his arm.

"Muhou, one believes that they will be just fine. Princess Consort Xi is not someone that needs anyone to be worried about her. And, from one's observation, third imperial brother-in-law starts to be affected by her. One is more surprised by her ability to make these intruders without any effort at all. She is quite good at giving orders as well."

Empress Dowager Long Shandong smiles and says, "That Prime Minister is a fool for not raising her well enough. By marrying Little Third, the imperial family will be the one who will gain benefit from this marriage. Order some of the imperial guards to investigate and search for the Prime Minister's main wife's whereabouts."

Empress Yan Chaoran smiles and says, "If we found her, third imperial sister-in-law will be absolutely happy. One will let His Majesty knows. He will be more than happy to help."

"Of course. My imperial son will never say no to any of your requests. All these years, you are still the most significant woman in his heart unlike the others in the back palace."

Empress Yan Chaoran smiles and says, "As an emperor, having various kind of 'flowers' in the back palace is important for the sake of a kingdom. One fully understands this. It is enough for His Majesty to be a good father for one's children."

Empress Dowager Long Shanding gently pats the younger woman's hand and says, "The reason why one is chosen to be where she is today is that one's clear vision, her children. As a woman, one cannot help when one is jealous of another woman who is much more favoured than she is. But that will only make one bitter so one has let go of some things to gain another."