I'll Always Protect You - {Specter Knight x Shy!Reader}

(Y/N) walked through the Lich Yard, looking for her friend (and crush), Specter Knight. She looked around, trying to find him, but to no avail. She felt the wind pick up a little, and she shivered a little. She was wearing a hoodie with short jean shorts, which didn't cover much of the lower half of her body. She suddenly heard a noise behind her, and flinched slightly. She turned around to see nothing, but decided to look into it a bit more. When she looked to see what had made the noise, someone wrapped his or her arms around her body, and whispered in her ear.

"Boo." She let out a yelp in surprise and looked up to see her Hispanic friend.

"Donovaaaaan! Why do you always do that!? You know I don't like it when you scare me," she whined with a blush. Specter Knight chuckled at her reaction, and finally spoke.

"Perdón, mi amiga," he apologized. "I just couldn't help myself." She sighed softly before forgiving him.

"I-it's Okay..." He then let go of her, and she turned around to face him with a smile.

"It's been a while since we've seen each other... it seems you've been quite busy," (Y/N) remarked. Donovan nodded, and sighed.

"Indeed, I have. I had to go through a lot to get my life back. Many fights, and I had to go through... some other things too, that I don't want to talk about just yet," he told her.

"Enough about me, though. What about you, amiga? Has life treated you well?" The shorter girl hummed in thought, and then responded.

"Well, yeah, I guess..." She looked down at her feet, and her lips curved into a slight frown. Donovan then looked at her, studying her posture closely.

"Oye, oye, oye! Don't lie to me, mi amiga. Now, tell me what's wrong," he said, sitting down and patting the space next to him, indicating that he wanted her there. She sighed again and sat down next to him, hugging her knees to her chest. Donovan had to force himself to keep his gaze on her eyes rather than the rest of her body.

"I... I went to the store today to buy some groceries, but I ended up spending all of my savings on them... I walked by another store and saw something I really wanted, but it was so expensive... I'd have to save up for years to get it," she told him. Specter Knight frowned a little, and stood up.

"Come on, we're going to the store," he told her, extending his hand to her. She looked up at him, blushing.

"N-no, no, I-I don't want you to waste your money on me—"

"It's not a waste if it's for you, (Y/N)." She sat there, blushing and looking up at him. She hadn't expected his somewhat flirtatious remark. She then smiled shyly at him, putting her smaller hand in his gauntleted one. He gently hauled her to her feet, but hadn't warned her when he would help her up, causing her to stumble forward in surprise, and she bumped into him. Her head and hands were against his chest, and his arms were around her waist. The pair of them blushed profusely, and stared at each other with widened eyes for a moment before pulling away.

"S-Sorry," (Y/N) blurted out shyly, pulling away. Specter Knight cleared his throat before replying, a little embarrassed.

"I-it's fine, don't worry about it," he said, brushing it off like it was no big deal with a slight chuckle.

He then led her to the village, where the bard's music carried across the market and the villagers came out to dance. He took her to the shops first, and she went to one of the windows, looking at a beautiful necklace with a (F/C) gemstone. He chuckled and took her by the hand, leading her inside the store. She blushed profusely, following him and looking around at all the colorful and creative jewelry. He asked the merchant about the price of the necklace, and he paid for it after she told him. He then turned to her with a smile.