Chapter 1

As I smoothed out my overly sized ‘I love One Direction’ sweater for the signing, I had become overly obsessive about my appearance. I was never really considered a pretty girl, and Mara had CONSTANTLY teased me about it, making me very unsure of my looks all the time. Every five minutes I looked into the mirror to see if my make-up had smudged, or if my hair had fly-away strands. I started putting my present for the boys in a bag. A stuffed cat for Harry, a stuffed turtle for Liam, a bunch of carrots for Louis, a mirror and some mousse for Zayn, and some fries and a sandwich for Niall. The time was nearing; 2:00 pm was when I had to leave for the 1D signing. It was a weird mixture of happiness and nervousness.

I called my best friends; Mara and Nicole, to see if they were ready. 

“Nicole, you ready for today?!”

“Yes, but I’m freaking out, what if I faint?” Nicole worries too much; she needs to learn how to be laid back. 

“Don’t worry!! Mara and I will be right at your side! How about you Mara?” I asked. 

“Yeah, I’m almost done getting ready, are we meeting at Portia’s?” We had all agreed that we would go to the restaurant, Portia, so we could meet 1D together. 

“Yes! I told you that about a thousand times!” I replied

“Jeez Mara, do you have Alzheimer’s or something?” Nicole put in. 

“Don’t forget 2 o’clock, k?”

“Yes,” they both replied at the same time.

I looked in the mirror one last time, took my keys, my phone, the presents for the boys, and walked out of my apartment.