Ch. 16.3 Part A and B Honeymoon in Niagara Falls ... Or Not

Start from the beginning

"I understand." He watched as his own sword faded from view.

"This is insane." Rile spoke up again. "We all love Alex in our own way. We made her part of our family."

"Speaking of family, you shall now be a father full-time. You too are relieved of your Guardian duties. Think on your failures and how to improve yourselves. You have the next generation of Guardians to raise and instruct. Dismissed for now. I will send you to your home world when I have time and energy to spare."

Rile withdrew his sword and held it as it vanished. The Portal Guardian flared blinding white before vanishing. Rile and Cale gathered around their grieving brother.

*****
A/N PART B will start below

I tried to show that the Portal Guardian is furious and doesn't fully understand emotions. I'm afraid she just came off as bitchy. What do you think?

PART B - Picture of fringed gecko above

***
Alex would have liked to have known exactly where the portal had dumped her, but she wasn't so lucky. The sun was low on the horizon and she felt the darkness would give her cover.

She flew recon until she saw a city. As she flew closer, she realized it was InterSpec City.

After a few passes, she saw Zilik's graceful apartment building. She thought a moment and then speed burst down to the first floor windows. She peeked in one and her first guess was wrong, but on the second try, the pictures perched on every nook and cranny were familiar.

Zilik moved among them, picking them up and gazing at each. She tapped on the window. He looked over and dropped a picture in surprise.

"Quick, inside!" He flung open the window and she climbed in. "What are you doing here?"

"The Portal Guardian told me to save Gabe's son and sent me here. Where do we start?"

"Gabe's son?" Zilik rubbed his muzzle. "I assume you mean by Cla."

"Unless he screwed some other reptilian females I didn't know about," Alex snapped.

"Screwed?"

"Sorry, slang term for sex. I'm being petty and nasty. Yes, by Cla. Where's their son?"

Zilik placed his hands on each of her shoulders and gazed with sympathy into her eyes. "It's just a rumor, Alex. No one has ever seen male children by Gabe. Don't poke sleeping reptiles."

"I plan on poking female reptiles with pointy sticks," Alex said, the Monty Python reference popping up in her brain. "If the Portal Guardian says to save his son, then there is one and I plan on saving him. Where is he and who would have him? Cla's miserable toadies like Mina? Or the new Kuni? And what do you mean male children by Gabe? He has daughters?"