1: You Are Mine Now

"Zola come quickly!" I hear the frantic yells of the baker's wife,"coming miss!" I call after her, dropping the bucket of water and rushing to her aid.

I rush inside the small hut-like building,and see the plump woman on the wooden ladder, on the bring of falling off. I quickly lunge my body forward,gripping the wooden pegs so it would stop wiggling.

"Oh thank heavens~" she sighs,"thank you my dear, I surely would've fallen to my death if it weren't for your wit~"

She carefully climbs down the withering, giving me a good pat on the shoulder. "Come with me dearly" she says,making her way to the entrance of the bakery.

"Where are we going auntie?" I question, following her down the main dirt road.

"To the Banker" she answers," I have to pay off yesterday's debt".

"I see..." I mumble with a nod.

I never really liked the banker,he was known throughout the town as the local....womanizer I think?

Anyway,he always creeps me out,and auntie makes sure to keep me a good distance away from him at all times.

"You know the rules" she implies,"don't talk to that filthy man,lord knows what goes through his mind when a pretty young thing catches his eye".

"Of course" I tell her,and the two of us make our way inside the building. There he was, sitting at his usual desk,writing on papers in black ink.

"Good evening Mr.Marbles~" auntie forced herself to speak in her sweet voice, causing the man to quickly piers his head to the noise.

"Evening Bertha~" he greets back,his dark eyes finding their way to mine,"Zola~" he coos with a grotesque chuckle.

I quickly move my gaze to the floor,giving a nod to the aging man. He was on the chubby side,his patchy long hair always greased and moist from the constant sweating.

"What brings you here?" He questions,"need to pay off yesterday's debt" auntie answers,taking a seat in front of the man,giving him a stern assertive gaze.

She noticed his constant staring at me,"Zola why don't you go outside and explore the town" she says,not taking her eyes off the man," I need you to get me some more flour for the bakery".

I nod,walking up to her and gently taking the golden coins from her hands. Once the money was in my pocket,I exited the building, letting out a relieved sigh the moment I shut the door.

"That was horrendous~" I sigh,making my way down the dirt road and towards the ingredients shop.

~Commodus's POV~

"How long shall the trip back to the palace be?" I ask the driver of the carriage.

"About ten minutes your majesty" he answers in a respectful manner,"very well~" I sigh,
" but make it quick".

I hear the sharp whip of the reins,and feel the speed of the carriage increase. I open the fold of the curtain,watching the passing trees while feeling the gently wind on my face.

"For what shall the earth bring to my royal eyes this blessed day~" I coo,watching as the trees flow by me like massive green blurs.

As I gaze outside,I could hear the marching of my guards behind me,their armored suits causing metal to clash with metal.