Family | Peter Quill [sibling]

Start from the beginning

He snorted. "You live in space, girl."

"Not by choice!" 

"Aw, quit you're complainin'," he said. "I raised you good, didn't I?" 

You were about to say no, but then as you caught his eye, your face softened. Flashes of memories - you, him, and Peter - danced across your eyes. 

You smiled. "Yeah, you didn't do too bad, I guess." 

He laughed, showing all of his teeth. 

Something hit the ship. You were nearly thrown out of your seat. Something grabbed your shoulder, and looking behind you, you saw Nebula. 

"Ugh, rear thrusters are out again!" Yondu shouted. "We're done for without that generator!" 

She jerked her head and you got up, giving her control. You stood behind their seats, holding on tight.

Suddenly, Peter flew in through the side of the ship. You gasped and ran over to him, helping him flip over on his back as his mask faded away. 

"You okay?" you asked, breathless. 

He grunted, holding his stomach tight, wincing. "This sucks," he said. 

You cracked a smile and nodded in agreement. 

A female voice boomed out of one of the dozens upon dozens of ships surrounding yours. "Guardians... perhaps it will provide you solace that your deaths are not without purpose. They will serve as a warning to all of those tempted with betraying us. Don't screw with the Sovereign."

You and Peter were in the open, and you were struggling to move him out of the way. With wide eyes, you looked at the fleet, ready for them to fire-

As soon as they did, you heard Nebula scream out in pain-

And beams of light from Rocket's weapons fired from all sides of the ship. 

Peter grabbed onto your arms, and you turned your head as a piece of something on fire was flung into the ship. 

"We're gonna blow!" he shouted, putting his mask on. He looked down at you, arms circling you, and you felt six years old again-

"Peter!" 

In a blast of heat and noise, you felt yourself be removed from the ship-

But you peeled your eyes open and saw your hand gripping Peter's. A sigh of relief burst out of your lips. Yondu was floating just above him, holding onto his arrow. 

Peter laughed at it. 

"What?" Yondu asked. 

"You look like Mary Poppins," he said, and you snorted. 

"Is he cool?" 

"Yeah, he's cool," your brother said, and you nodded in agreement.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!" 

Landing on the ground, you rejoined your team. Peter let go of your hand to go over to Gamora, and you walked beside Yondu. There were explosions all around, and the air was full of smoke-

Suddenly, a piece of something flew down and hit Mantis, knocking her out. 

"Mantis, look out!" Drax yelled. 

White filled the cracks of the planet. Your eyes followed the trail, fear filling you. It was consuming everything.

"She's just unconscious," Drax said, scooping your new friend up into his arms.