You're Ready

"Left, right, DOWN!" Steve shouted as Natasha swung at Peter. Peter listened and moved. He had a blindfold on. They were testing his senses and his reflexes.

     "Steve! Stop telling him," Groaned Sam.

     "I don't want him to get-," Steve frowned.

     Tony cut him off, "he's tough."

     Peter grunted when Nat got a good hit on his jaw. He kept standing and kept his focus though. Tony smiled at the boy and the moves he did. Nat was smiling also. She enjoyed watching Peter fight with her. It thrilled her because he was an opponent that wasn't Clint.

     "Alright, Pete. How about you take the blindfold off," Nat suggested as she wiped sweat from her forehead. Peter took off the blindfold and saw Tony.

     "Hey, Mr. Star-oof!" Peter fell to the ground after Nat kicked him in the gut. Peter groaned. Tony gawked at Nat.

     "Natasha," Tony scolded, "He wasn't paying attention."

     "Exactly," Nat said as she put her hands on her hips looking at the boy who held his stomach.

     "Sorry, Aunt Nat. I'll work on it," Peter promised as he stood. Nat smirked at Tony in a triumphed way. Tony sighs as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

     "Train him good. He will not be going on a mission until he's completely ready. I mean it. If I ever see you get swatted by anything I will rip you out of that battle," Tony scolded the two. Natasha rolled her eyes.

     "Overprotective much," Nat sighed, "Tony, the kids good. He's better than some of us even. Distraction is the only thing that's wrong with him."

     "Hey!" Peter whined.

     "You're doing great. How about you take on me?" Bucky asked as he entered. Tony turned to the dark headed man.

      "Oh absolutely not," Tony frowned, "I trust you and all but what if . . . You know." The words died on the worried fathers' lips. Bucky smiled.

     "I understand," Bucky looked to Peter, "but he's gotta have some kind of super strength training. Steve's gonna go too easy even if he tries to go hard on him. You know that."

     "Alright," Tony sighed. The three others, Steve, Tony, and Nat, watched as the two stood on different sides of the room.

     Bucky took the first swing, in which Peter easily dodged. Peter went to sweep his legs but his foot was caught by Bucky's hand. Peter squeaked in surprise before being thrown. Peter slid on the ground but stayed on his feet the entire time. Bucky took another swing. Peter caught this one and flipped Bucky over his back. Bucky twisted Peter's arm, the boy's eyes went wide with realization. Bucky spun the boy making him trip over his own feet. Peter groaned before catching Bucky off guard and tripping him. Bucky gasped as he fell to the floor. Peter caught Buckys head so that it wouldn't hurt the man though. Peter smiled and Bucky laughed at the boy.

     "Good job kid," Bucky congratulated. Peter couldn't help but smile and help the man up. Tony smiled happily at his adopted son.

     "Alright, how about we put Steve with Pete?" Nat suggested.

     "Uh, alright. Don't break his bones," Tony shrugged as he took a seat next to Nat and the heavily breathing Bucky. Tony smiled as the one to one fight began. Tony was more than proud of his son. He knew he was ready. He just couldn't bear seeing his kid out there on a battlefield.

     "That's it, just avoid. Ware out your opponent," Steve encouraged. Nat watched with a smile as Peter pulled off one of his moves that she had taught him a month ago.

     Peter managed to get Steve to the ground once but in the end, Steve won. Peter yelped as he caught Steve's fist but the other one side hooked him. Peter hit the ground and Steve pinned him down. Peter sighed in defeat. Steve smiled and patted the boy's shoulder.

     "You did good," Steve helped Peter up and the first face Peter saw was Tony's. The facial expression was just pure happiness.

     "I think you're ready," Tony sighed. Natasha smiled as the man had finally given in. She was ready to see Peter out on the battlefield with her.

     "Really?!"  Peter flung himself at the man. Tony chuckled as he hugged the boy back.

     "No, I was kidding so that in the end I could see how disappointed you were. Yes, really!" Tony smiled and kissed the brown curls on top of the teens head. "Just please be so damn careful."

     "Always, dad."