eight ━ A STARRY NIGHT

EIGHT:
A STARRY NIGHT

EIGHT:A STARRY NIGHT

AT THE END OF THE DAY, CAM WAS ABLE TO DISCOVER THAT he did quite enjoy a thing in Narnia—Joel, the simple thought of the name of the place was still awfully weird in his opinion

AT THE END OF THE DAY, CAM WAS ABLE TO DISCOVER THAT he did quite enjoy a thing in Narnia—Joel, the simple thought of the name of the place was still awfully weird in his opinion. Nar-ni-a. Was it supposed to be Latin or Greek? Not knowing it was making Cam felt worse than the fact he was stuck in a strange land and had shared a whole day walking with a dwarf while his four friends' smiles acted like if they had never existed—then, as anyone could notice it, Narnia's name was not what Cam decided to be quite enjoyable, but rather the view he got once the sun hide and the stars came out to hunt the sky.

He thought it was delightful—or rather bewitching, alluring or maybe stunning. Perhaps, was any word too much meaningless for what he saw? As Cam stared up to the sky, he couldn't avoid comparing it with that other completely understandable situation when he was left out of words with the presence of Peter Pevensie in the same room as him. Like Peter's eyes were so blue, and the boy was suddenly smiling and maybe calling his name as he complained about whatever professor Burke's assignation they had for the following day, and Cam would only stand next to him, trying to come out with a decent sentence to say or at least a decent word to describe what he felt. It's all the soldiers' fault, he would think in a sigh. The soldiers march but they can't speak, how sweet that is.

(Though thinking in Peter Pevensie was even sweeter, so Cam would prefer to do that very much. Deciding a name for what he felt was worthless if he already felt it everything.)

Cam had already seen it before, the dark-blue of the night that Narnia gifted for them and its twinkling stars easily glimpsing around, but truth to be said, he hadn't put that whole effort in actually looking to it like he did right now. He was too busy dealing with what he thought it was a dream; too busy remembering real Peter and real Edmund and real Susan and real Lucy; too busy falling asleep for all the tiredness like to even notice the way the stars danced in front of the other and forming invisible lines that he now could easily draw with one gesture of his fingers—of course, the stars were not literally dancing, but if he tilted his head enough, he would almost see it happen. For the form they all shone and considering that for him and his terrible sight they were only sparkling dots and not all that stars like the ones he had seen once from a telescope during his Astronomy class, Cam started to feel dizzy.