Chapter 17: Live With Lonesome part 2

Start from the beginning

"If she starts to annoy you, just run away and never come back okay?" Jimi opened the door of the bedroom for Kimberly. Like she is visiting someone in the hospital.
After she entered it, threw her bag on the floor and took off her shoes, Kimberly jumped on the bed. She landed half on Karen's arm, who started to moan.
"I missed you!" Kimberly yelled and hugged her friend.
"Wait," she muttered. She came up, her hair was a mess and she didn't wore any make up. 
It's has been a long time since Kimberly saw Karen without any make up.
"I missed you too!" Karen yelled back and let herself fall in Kimberly's arms and they hugged for an awkwardly long time.
Karen was the first to let go, it all became a kind of gay.     
"How are you?" Kimberly asked.
"I'm tired. And everything hurts. But I'm fine." Karen smiled to Kimberly. "Do you mind if I'm going to lay again? I can feel my heartbeat in my head and that's just creepy." Karen laid down in the bed.
Kimberly noticed the plaster cast around Karen's left wrist.
"I almost had to upgrade my will again." A little smile appeared on her face.
"How did it happen anyway?" Kimberly asked.
"My phone went off and it made startled. I dropped a glass on the floor, stupid right?"
"Aww, silly. But," Kimberly started slowly. "Schlap also told me you were scared of Jimi, why was that?"
Karen sighed. "I just felt that negativity around him when we went home. He looked mad tough and straight walked to the bathroom to take a shower- which became taking a bath later. He was mad, I didn't want to make him even more mad." She wrapped the blankets around her head. Everything was covered, except for her face. 
Kimberly knows that Karen lays like that most of the time when she's in bed. It looks kinda funny too because if you don't focus on her face, the first thing you see is her nose.
"Stop looking at my nose." 
"Woah, are you sure you can't read my mind?"
"Yes, but it was just too obvious." She sighed. "Do you have anything fun to share? It feels like I didn't laugh for ages." 
"Ehh, do you remember that time when we, when we," it took Kimberly a long time before she knew something. "Went out in Nashville for the first time and couldn't find our way back to our appartment?" She started to laugh about the memory.
"Oh no. It was as awkward as the Revenge Of The Touching Butt-thing."
"But let me tell it you anyway!"
Karen closed her eyes when Kimberly started to talk about their young selves taking a risk and moving to Music City to chase their dreams. 
The girls had packed out all their stuff and moved in to a small appartment. To celeberate that, they went to a very small bar somewhere downtown Nashville. Both still don't know how they ended up there, but they had fun. It had been 4 am and the bar was closing. Kimberly had to pull Karen away from a boy who she had been kissing with and together they walked back home until they realized something. They were lost.
"And you just kept saying that you were so tired. You see, you've always been the complaining kind! Anyways, after a while you just laid down on the street and fell asleep. On the street! And I could not wake you up at all! I sat next to you, awake, for 4 hours when the cops stopped by and asked if everything was alright."
"And then I came up with that lame half-drunk story about that I know that the neighborhood was creepy, especially at night and they offered us a ride back home."
"And you ended up making out with him." Kimberly added.
"Only for a week missy!"
"You had a new man every week."
"I was young, enjoying life and living the life. Now I'm old, screwing life and laying in bed."
"Stop it. You're not old, you know who's getting old? My uncle, you never guess what he did!" Kimberly started to tell the story. It was funny but Karen wasn't laughing. Actually, her mood changed. She was just staring to her hands.
"Remember when he always brought us my grandmothers cakes when he had to come to Nashville? Those times were great!"
"Everything was normal back then."
"What do you mean what that?"
"Nothing, eh Kim? Do you mind if I'm going to sleep? I'm suddenly so tired!"
"Of course not silly! I had to go back anyway too." She squeezed in Karens nose and then gave a kiss on it (since her cheeks where hidden under the covers).  "Love you." Kimberly crawled out of the bed and grabbed all her stuff. 
Downstairs she ran into Jimi. 
"Man, do you two have a secret relationship or something? That took long." He said.
"Dunno, ask your wife." Kimberly had to laugh.
"I actually expected that you'd run away after five minutes or something. You know, with all the grumpiness." 
"Aw c'mon Jimi! She is your wife, don't y'all see that she is having a hard time?"
"I do see that, but it's just, I don't know what's bothering her! She won't tell me and to be honest, I don't really know how to deal with that." Jimi shook his head. "I sound like a pussy."
"You don't. I actually don't really now how to deal with it too, but I'll find it out." Kimberly laid her hand on Jimi's shoulder. "Maybe you should go to her and give her a hug. She looks like she needs one. From you."