"Woah! How mean neighbour!" Jisoo fake cried.

Jennie sighed. "I don't really think I have another choice but make it a woman. She has to be picked up in three hours. I hope we are out by then and that won't be necessary though."

---

"Jisu!" The taller dark haired girl with a ponytail ran to her best friend and engulfed her in a tight hug. "You are late."

Jisu smiled and reciprocated the hug. "Mommy didn't want me to meet the monkeys, so we tried to wait until they were gone but I could still see them!"

"You like monkeys?" Slowly she pulled back from the hug.

"I love them Yeji!" She stated enthusiastically.

"I see." Yeji made a mental note to herself to somehow bring monkeys to Jisu or Jisu to monkeys.

---

Jisoo put her phone back in her pocket and looked at Jennie who was waiting for her to inform her about her previous conversation.

"I called my sister and apparently her baby daughter visits the same kindergarten!" Jisoo grinned. "She said it's no problem, she can pick her up and take her with her. She wanted to visit me anyway, so.."

Jennie seemed relieved on one side and terrified on the other.

If it's Jisoo's sister she must be some lunatic!

She was very worried that her sister would turn up dressed as a flying pig and then drive them home with a clown car.

"Jennie," Jisoo nudged her shoulder. "What are you thinking so hard about?"

Jennie cleared her throat. "Since when are we on first name basis?"

Jisoo chuckled. "You want me to call you Mrs. Kim?"

"Ms. Kim," Jennie corrected. "If anything..."

"Oh." Jisoo was curious but didn't ask since the younger didn't look like she wanted to talk about it.

"Your sister," Jennie changed the topic. "What is she like?" She also needed to know. To guarantee the safety of her baby girl.

"My sister huh? She is pretty." Jisoo giggled. "Pretty scary."

"Scary..?" Jennie's eyebrows creased.

"Yeah." Jisoo confirmed. "But she is also nice. A total mom. When we were small she would always tell me what to do and clean up after me."

Must be nice. Jennie didn't have any siblings. That's why the whole pressure of her parents laid upon her shoulders.

Suddenly Jennie remembered why she was stuck in this situation in the first place. Jisoo. It was all Jisoo's fault.

She massaged her temples in stress.

"Dear neighbour,"

Jisoo's ears perked up. "That's me!"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I hope you have received my complaints and are going to do something about it."

"I mean sure. Except the part where you pretty much said don't listen to TVXQ, listen to Bigbang. That's basically a hate crime."

Jennie balled her fists and gritted her teeth, she was ready to fight.

This didn't go unnoticed by Jisoo. "I'm kidding!" She saved herself. "Just kidding! Bigbang wooohoo!"

Jennie nodded her head in approval.

They sat side by side on the ground. Their shoulders were inches apart.

"We won't have to wait for long right?" Jennie asked slightly scared.

Jisoo instinctively grabbed her hand. It startled Jennie but she couldn't shake her off. Her touch eased her fear and cleared her mind. It feels good not to be alone. That must be it. It's not that she has the hots for Jisoo, she just needs this reassurance to feel safe.

"I was once stuck in an elevator for eight hours," Jisoo admitted.

Jennie's heart pumped in her chest and her breathing became rapidly. She tightened her hold on Jisoo's hand.

"And another time I was stuck for thirty minutes."

The brunette's breathing evened out.

"Let's just wait and see because either way we will get out of here. Sooner or later. No need to stress okay?" She tilted her face to look at the younger.

Jennie nodded timidly.

"Let's keep talking. I'm sure the time will pass quicker that way." Jisoo suggested.

That's when Jennie noticed for the first time, she was having a conversation with Jisoo. And she didn't even shout at her. In fact Jisoo's presence calmed her down. It was like when she knocked at her door as she moved in. Jisoo's angelic warmth was radiating.

Perhaps Jisoo wasn't that annoying. 

Perhaps Jennie could get to know her for real.

And perhaps it could change her mind about her.

If she didn't already see her in a new light, that is.