[ 14 ] flames of death

Start from the beginning

After getting a few hours of rest, I am woken up by Bellamy, who says that we are moving. It's a slight struggle waking up, really, but I manage to pull myself together. The rest of the way to the village isn't that long and I think I can manage holding up through the ceremony.

Not long after we have packed up the camp, everyone is on the move again. The misty air lingering around the trees helps with keeping the fatigue on the low as I tilt my head up to collect the warming rays of sunshine.

"What?" I ask when I look back down and Bellamy has his head turned to me.

"Nothing," he quickly says, looking away. I shrug to myself, paying no mind to it. Instead, I try my best to lool over the heads of the crowd in front of me, as it seems we're slowing down. Sure enough, when I see the tall gate ahead of us, the grounders are quick to disperse, entering the village.

The rest of us are stopped by a heavily armored man, who's holding a metal canister. Lincoln steps in front of him, handing a blade over, "We need to disarm before we enter."

It feels like every single one of us pauses, and I know it must look suspicious, so, I step in front of my people, lifting my arms up sideways, "I have nothing."

Another grounder, who's standing the one that's now collecting weapons from my friends, approaches and quickly searches me. Once he knows I'm good to go, he barely moves his head to gesture to the gate behind him. Nodding, I stand next to it, waiting for the rest of the group.

Soon, after most of the people have handed in their weapons, I silently approach Bellamy, who's now standing weaponless. I watch as one of the grounders searches Raven, pulling out knifes from almost every pocket possible, until there are no more left. The man turns to face his Commander, speaking in the grounder tongue. I have an idea of what he's saying right away; I think I hear the word clear, which tells me that their language is quite similar to english.

I also pick up the words he addresses Lexa as - I assume it means head, as in a person of authority.

The Commander nods and we finally walk through the gate, immediately being welcomed by a series of yells and calls. Some sound angry, some sound delighted; they either call for their commander, or throw disgruntled words at us. Grounders are everywhere, from standing on top of buildings, to walking just by our side.

We halt when a man stands in front of the group, catching the attention of Lexa. She calmly watches as the grounder proceeds on lowly spitting out a chain of angered words. The only ones I pick up this time are sky crew, but I don't bother with remembering those.

We don't have anything else to do other than stand still and take in the sight, as the commander signals one of her own to silence the man. I gasp when he gets thrown to the ground witch a single punch and I can't imagine the force the man uses as he continues attacking the villager. Bellamy shifts, tense, stepping the slightest bit in front of me, while Clarke rushes to speak with Lexa. I don't listen to what my friend tells the grounder, turning away from the scene altogether, managing to exchange looks of bewilderment with my dad.

As soon as the back of my head is turned to the village, Lexa begins speaking, forcing me to face the front again.

"The Sky people march with us, now. Anyone who tries to stop that will pay with their life!" She firmly announces, leaving no room for discussion. Even the enraged villagers are silent, a tense atmosphere settling in the air.

As we begin walking again, I mutter, "Intense."

Bellamy barely nods in agreement, "Warm welcome."

-

"Kru kom Tondc," Lexa begins, "raun faya, oso woda klin laudnes de kom foutaim."