CHAPTER I: Love at the First Sight

At this early hour the Incheon International airport is as serene as it ever is

At this early hour the Incheon International airport is as serene as it ever is. The people move with ease, quietly lining up at the check in desk with their suitcases and baggage. The floors are clean and white, reflecting the early rays and the man made light the same. In the background, a soft music being played. Somin look up to the huge plasma screens of arrival and departure times on the wall of the airport. ICN to JFK boarding time 09:50 . After checking in, she walked to her mom and sister who are lounging on the low comfy chair on a corner side of a cafe. "Eomma, unnie! I think I should head in now." Paying the bill, the three of them then walked out of the cafe.

Somin give her mom a sweet kiss on her cheek and a hug as she said, "Gonna miss you mom...", and turn to her sister "...and you too unnie". Sooyoung hug her. "Well I don't think I'll miss you tho", teases Sooyoung. At instant, Somin glared at her. Sooyoung and Mrs. Jeon giggles. "Okay I'm kidding!" "Its not that you'll not coming back here right", Sooyoung add with a giggle. Seeing both her daughter, Mrs. Jeon intterupt, "Stop teasing her Sooyoung. Ahh Somin you should take a good care of yourself there, okay?" Somin nods and smile. She then looked to her sister and teasingly pulled out her tounge. Sooyoung did the same to her and said, "Dont forget to call us often. Gonna miss you my dongsaeng". Waving at them she then proceed to the security checking.

"Can I have a cup of iced americano please?" As she turned herself, she accidentaly bump into someone. His white shirt is stained with coffee. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry" Hurriedly she reached for some tissue from the counter. For a few seconds, he just stare at her doing nothing until he speaks up. "Um miss its okay. I should be the one to say sorry." "No its not. Should I buy you a new one?" she point at his stained shirt. He refuses with a smile and walked away from the lounge area. Somin just smile awkwardly and bow at him as he walked out.

After cleaning herself in the toilet, she calmly sits on a bluish cover leather couch facing a wide glass window, hands folded in her lap sedately. The orange rays of sunlight peak through the rectangular glass windows, lying on the floor like sweet honey. The warm glow was mesmerizing. Just then she heard an announcement. "Attention passengers on Korean Air flight KE085 to New York. The departure gate has been changed. Your flight will now boarding from Gate 3. Thank you." She looked on the rose gold watch on her left wrist. 09:30. Its about the time to fly. She lightly walked through the sky bridge into the airbus. Presenting her boarding ticket, the cabin crew assist her to the seat. Dropping her bag under the light turquoise seat, she sank herself into the comfy seat, which she will be spending on the next 15 hours.

"Hey." Somin looked up, a familiar face showed up. A bit startled, she get up from her seat. "Umm sir?" She looked at his shirt. The guy then approached her nearer, "My seat", he pointed a seat just next to Somin's. "Oh so you're also going to New York" He nodded. Awkwardly she get back to her seat, taking a magazine and cover her face as if she's reading it. Oh my god what a small world. Thankfully it was just an iced coffee. What if it was hot? God. He must have sued me. Well at least he's not mad. But this is embbarassing. What in the world did I bump into him? Stupid. He just smiled watching her. A flight attendant then pass by him. "Excuse me sir. Could you please take your seat? We'll soon takes off" He takes off his black leather jacket and took his seat.

He peek and saw Somin is still holding up the magazine. He clear his throats. "Miss umm how about pulling up this border instead?" No answer. Sensing that she might feel quite uncomfortable and embbarassed, he then reached for the button. Just then Somin said, "Look, umm sir? I really feel guilty of what has happened. I'm trully sorry" "No its okay Its not a big deal tho." Wait what? For me it is. Never mind. He then reached out his hand, "Taehyung. You can call me Taehyung. Just forget of what has happened okay?" Somin shakes his hand and smile, "Somin". Taehyung stared at her. Her smile, so calming and sweet. Is this what people called fall in love at the first sight? "Whats with that look? Is there something on my face?" Somin touch her face and move it round. Taehyung cut it off. "No. Nothing", he act cool.

On the flight, Somin treat herself with a bowl of jjajangmyeon, and a glass of apple juice. As she turned her head, she saw Taehyung was doing something on his laptop. "Taehyung oppa. Umm perhaps what do you do in New York? Holiday?" He divert his eyes to Somin. "I work there. In an art gallery" "Oh so you're an artist?" "Ddaeng. Not an artist. I'm the director" Wow a handsome,tall and young director. And sweet? What a package. "Uh well nice to meet you Mr. Director!" Taehyung spurts out small laugh. "How about you?", he ask her back. "Me? I study there at Fashion Institute of Technology. Its my second year studying fashion." Killing off the time, they immersed themselves into the conversation.

After taking a short nap, Somin then tidy up herself and tied her hair in a bun. Reaching her backpack, she takes out a pack of gummy bears. Then he spot Taehyung who just probably went back from the loo. "Do you want some gummy bears?", offered Somin. Without hesisitating he took the gummy bears from Somin. "Hey! I didn't say you can take it all", she glare at him. He smile and giggle, "I was just teasing you". He giggle again. Somin seems upset hits him then they just burst into laugh.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the John F. Kennedy International Airport. Please make sure your seat belt is securely fastened. Thank you." Somin peeked out through a small window not far from her seat. The skies seems dark and grey. "I think its gonna rain very soon",Taehyung speak seeing the dull skies. A moment later the Airbus A380-800 safely landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

After passing through the security checking and claimed their suitcases and baggage, Somin took out her phone and turned off the airplane mode.  Taehyung looked at Somin. "Is anyone picking you up?" "Umm no. I'm taking the cab", answered Somin. "Um. I'll drive you." "No its okay" "Nope its not okay. Come." Somin followed Taehyung to the parking lot on the second floor. Taehyung took out a car key from his side pocket and start pressing it. A white Chevrolet car blinks its light, not far from them. He helped Somin with her bag and drive the car out of the airport. As expected, its raining cat and dog. Because of the weather, the New York street seems not as busy as it always be. Bunch of passerby were stranded across the road, protecting themselves from the heavy rain.

As Somin reached her apartment, she throw herself on the couch. The white and grey shades of the living room seems so clean and calming. A couple minutes later, she sluggishly went to the bedroom and reach for a towel for some refreshing bath. Finished off with a moisturizer on her face, she then went out of her bedroom and her eye caught by something. She checked among the suitcases and baggage. Its not there!

A familiar sounds suddenly fill up the living room. Hearing that, Somin quickly put the glass filled with the hot chocolate on the counter and reached for her iPhone. "Hello. Taehyung oppa?" "Sorry I dozed off just now. I just read your text btw. And yeah seems like you've left it here." Hearing that, Somin feel relieved hi on his bed, smiled and said, "Cool. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

Somin put on a black long knitted cardigan with a white tee and denim. Her ash brown hair is tied in a bun. And when she's about to take her burgundy messenger bag, her phone beep. Reading the message she grab her bag and put on a white sneaker and head out to the lobby. As she walked out, she saw a white car with a familiar plat number parked not far from the entrance. The road are still wet and damp from the heavy rain earlier. She then went straight into the front seat. She brightly greet Taehyung as she saw him. Just then Taehyung blurt out a question, "Do you have anything on mind on what to eat?" She think a while and shake her head. "Well..I'm okay with anything"

*****