"It's For You."

*Sals P.O.V.*

Travis hadn't been at school that week, he was a huge jerk to me all the time yet it was weird. Larry said he'd finally just left but his name was still on the roisters at school. Eventually it bothered me enough, and on Wednesday during lunch I walked out to the front office my pigtails bouncing as I ran down the hall. I slowly opened up the door and peeked my head inside.

"Hello, Mr.Fisher. Is there something I can do for you?" The lady behind the counter asked. Her voice was soft and sweet as she turned her attention to me.

"Oh r-right I was wondering if you knew where Travis was? He hasn't been at school lately and I'm worried something happened to him." I asked my eyes hopeful behind the dark shade of the mask. It takes a moment but the woman replied. "I'm sorry Fisher, but I don't know where he is, yet if it's bothering you this much you could always call him I'll let you in the back room so you can take of your prosthetic to speak clearer." She was awfully thoughtful. Not many of the teachers even let me go to the bathroom to blow my nose. "Thank you, I'd really appreciate that!" I beamed bouncing in my blue shoes as she lead me back. "Just let me dial the number and there you go Sal I'll unclip your mask for you." She offers smiling. 

"NO- I... I mean no thanks, sorry" I said sheepishly I said while ushering her out of the room once she left I took off my mask, my scars we're irritated from the sweat, the mask smells terrible and I nearly gagged as I took it off. My face was torn up from every side. Scars ran down my cheek and lip one bad one had a whole chunk of my face torn up my eye replaced by a glass one. I sighed and set my mask on a chair. Picking up the phone and finally pressing call. It rung, and rung for, what felt like minutes, however not long after I was greeted by a voice the voice was deep and smooth the kind of voice you fall asleep to. His voice sounded irritated, when he responded. "What is it this time Principal Jerry?" They had to call him multiple times before? Wow not surprising from Travis, either way I put on his best 'I'm worried' voice and spoke. "Mr.Phelps, Travis hasn't been at school lately is he okay? Could I talk to him?" I bit his lip nervously what was I doing. It took a moment but seconds later Travis came on the phone, I truly thought I would cringe hearing Travis, but it was the opposite. Hearing Travis's voice made me smile "Yeah who is it..?" He growled his tone annoyed and yet it sounded like he had been crying.

"Travis, It me.. Sally Fisher we have English together. You beat me in the hallways sometimes." I replied jokingly. Travis's voice instantly changed "Sally, oh...Umm.. Hi." I could hear him sniffle a little before he continued talking "I'm sorry about that I just wasn't thinking. My Father told me you called to see if I'm okay, You really still care about me even after I abuse you like I do?" his voice gets quieter as the sentence comes out. "I'm shocked you're so kind even after I did those things, Thank you Sal." My heart skipped a beat hearing Travis thank me so sincerely he seemed serious too. 

"So what happened to you? Why are you missing school?" I asked my smile fading awaiting his response. "I broke a few rips and my arm. My Da-Father took me to the hospital after I had fallen just right onto a bench." Travis chuckled awkwardly just a hint of lies surrounded him and his voice. Yet still it was painful for me knowing that his dad probably abuses him. Judging by Travis's mannerisms during any kind of safety drill and his hatred of contact. His eye was always bruised up, I needed to get Travis away from his father. There was nothing I could do though. I am a Ghost hunter who's technician was literally the founder of the secret queer club at school. I knew that Travis was a better person, I believed in Travis. "When are you coming back to school Travis?" I asked softly true concern in my voice. Travis soon after replied "I-I don't know probably next week." he sighed. This gave me an idea. I could go over and give Travis the work that he missed that week. "You've missed a lot Travis, do you want me to come over and bring you what you missed?" I asked biting my lip in anticipation.