Chp. 6 "Gas Stations and Their Ghostly Owners"

Reader's Pov:

A couple of days ago, my pendent was found, or more like thrown, for me by someone. I don't know who, and I was questioned about it.

"It was on me the whole time."

That was the lie I told my cousins, hiding the note attached to the string behind my back. If someone is watching me, it's best if I'm the only one who knows right now. Yet who can it be? Maybe that cloaked figure, for he's the one who took notice of my pendent and knew what was happening at the shack. Yet how did that guy know I was with Dipper that night at the factory?

Deciding to get out of the shack to take my mind off this, I take a book from my bag and exit the room. Once out the door, I head to the big window to my left. Checking down the stairs and behind me, I open the window and put a foot on the ledge.

Don't worry, I done this a couple of times now. Whenever I wanted to hide from Stan and the others, I always would head to the roof. And this one time, I found a nice little edge that juts out, already having a lounging chair, an umbrella, a bucket of pine cones..., along with a cooler to go with it on the roof that faces the totem poll in the back. Checking around myself one last time, I put the book under my arm as I step onto the shingling under my feet. I go to the right, making my way onto the roof of the shack and climbing upwards and left towards the sign. Once there, I carefully walk on top of the sign that used to say 'shack' and once at the end, climb to the top. I slide down on the other side, making it to the secret spot. Breathing out, I lay on the chair, opening the book that I had randomly chosen.

'June 8, 19XX,

Gravity Falls is SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO boring!'

I stop reading, and look at the cover confusingly. This was the book I picked out from the gift shop after the gnome attack. I flip through the pages, still seeing the strange spells and creatures in it, yet it has a journal entry in it. Is this someone's journal?

"Alright check it out."

I quickly hide the book underneath the chair, and swivel around to see both the twins and Wendy coming down. What are they doing up here? Suddenly Wendy spots me, almost surprised.

"(Y/n), how are you here?" Wendy asks, an eyebrow raised as the twins watch from behind her. I don't think I ever described what she looks like. Well, she's a natural redhead who wears a lumberjack hat with pale skin and freckles. Along with that she wears a green flannel that goes over a white tank top she wears underneath, jeans, and muddy brown boots. In her ears are small green earrings.

"...How are you here?" I shot back, sitting up to get ready to leave.

"Oh, ya know, secret spot."

"Did you put all this stuff up here?" Dipper asks.

"I may, may not sneak up here during work, all the time, everyday," Wendy says, reaching down and grabbing a pinecone from the bucket. Curious, I watch as I see her throw it, sailing towards a target on the totem pole and making a bullseye. Oh, so that's what the pinecones are for. Wendy pumps her fist in the air, clearly happy about her victory.

"How did you find this place (Y/n)?" Wendy suddenly asks me, grabbing another pinecone from the bucket.

"...Climbing," I say, not really wanting to talk. Besides, I broke my own promise fifty times already during the first few weeks here, so I really got to stick to it.

"Hm," Wendy says after throwing another pinecone, causing Mabel and Dipper to join. I watch for a while before I grab the book from under the chair and start to leave.

"(Y/n), join us!" I jolt at the yell, looking back at the three who are looking at me with smiles. I frown only, turning back to them.

"Actually, I'm going back inside, so-"