Colin's Revenge

Colin's Revenge

"Watch out Creevey, Potter's not here for you to take his photo," sneered a sixth year Slytherin as he shot a spell that split Colin's bag and then he pushed him over as he walked past laughing with his cronies… er… friends.

‘One of these days,’ thought Colin angrily as he picked himself up off the ground and started to gather up his things that were spattered with ink, ‘I'm going to get him and all the other pure-bloods back for their tormenting of me and the way I act around Harry, especially since all the pure-bloods do it and not just the ones from Slytherin.’

A week later, after the Quidditch match in which Harry fell, they were all called down to the Great Hall to read books about Harry's life.

‘Hmm,’ thought Colin, ‘I wonder if my payback will come sooner rather than later.’

Then Harry's parents, godfather (‘Harry had a godfather?’ Colin mentally shook his head as he went off track) and Professor Lupin's younger self showed up and they read two chapters before it was time to go to sleep for the night.

‘Not yet,’ thought Colin before he settled into his sleeping bag. He heard murmurings coming from where Ron, Hermione and Harry were laying. ‘I need to be patient. The moment will come, be it tomorrow or one of the days after, though I hope it is really, really soon.’

They continued to read with no opportunity presenting itself until…

‘Excellent,’ thought Colin as most of the Muggle-borns and Muggle-raised half-bloods started backing away from Hermione. ‘This is it. My shot at revenge!’

"Torturers!" cried all the Muggle-borns and Muggle-raised half-bloods still backing away from Hermione, shaking their heads.

Hermione rolled her eyes and said, "No they aren't!"

‘Even better,’ thought Colin as he mentally grinned.

"They are!" Colin cried. Then Colin started to explain, acting it out with his hands, "First they take a long, thin needle and stick it into the gum of your mouth to make you numb so you can't feel anything at all in there. Then they take a big drill and drill," here he made a drill sound, "your teeth." He took a gulp of air and finished shakily, "It's awful and that’s not even the worst that they do!"

The pure-bloods looked at Hermione nervously and horrified and quickly closed their mouths in case her parents taught her anything and resolved to try to treat her a little nicer.

‘Who said Gryffindors couldn't be sly,’ thought Colin, quickly hiding a smirk that wanted to show itself, satisfied that he had gotten his revenge for himself and other the Muggle-borns for the moment. ‘I should get a Grammy,’ was his final thought before he tuned back into the reading.