Chapter Syxx: You Did a Great Job

|Shawn|

Circa Summer 1998

I was sitting home alone, feeling sorry for myself. I let the best thing to ever happen to me slip through my fingers. She was the one person I regretted hurting the most.

Sure, I hated that I had let all my friends down. I let Vince down. I let everyone down.

But Kat was different. I said I would never hurt her and then I did. Again and again.

All she ever wanted was to be happy with me. She wanted to settle down, have kids, and grow old together.

Somehow I managed to even fuck that up.

The frame on the mantle caught my eye. I stood and walked over to it, gripping the picture in my hands.

It was the only thing she left in the house. The picture of us and Paul in New York. When we were happy.

Just looking at it made me angry. Seeing her smiling face hurt me more than I wanted to admit.

My anger was a fire that burned through my limbs. I couldn't get rid of it, because it was part of me.

Before I knew it, I had thrown the frame at the far wall. Upon impact, it shattered, spilling glass everywhere.

Now it looks like our relationship, I thought, sinking to the floor.

All those dreams she had for us would never come true. We would never get married. We would never have kids. We would never travel the world together.

Because of me.

***

The nWo had a match on Raw, which meant I would be accompanying them. Since I couldn't do anything else, Vince assigned me as the mouthpiece. I would be telling a promo at the end of our match, with Big Kev right behind me to back me up.

Somewhere in the midst of the match, Kev went down. He yelled out in pain and clutched his leg. I wanted to help him, but here was nothing I could do until we got to the back.

They wrapped up the match and I delivered the promo like I had been instructed. Then we hightailed it to the back.

We got Kev to the trainer's room, but they wouldn't let anyone stay in there with him. I took a seat against the wall, right outside the door. I wanted to be right there if he needed me.

Kat hurried onto the scene, looking around frantically. She rushed over when she saw me.

"I have Joli on the phone, demanding to know what's going on. I told her I don't know anything," she said.

"Let me talk to Jolene," I offered, reaching out my hand. One-on-one talk would be much easier than using Kat as a middle man.

Kat gave me her signature deer-in-the-headlights look and shook her head. "Bad idea," she mouthed.

I sighed. One of these days, Jolene would have to give it up and agree to be in the same room as me, at least. Make eye contact. Maybe even civil conversation.

It wasn't like we would never being seeing each other again.

Or maybe I was wrong and she would take her hatred to the grave. She certainly was stubborn enough to do it, and I couldn't blame her all that much.

"Fine. Tell her he's with the trainer right now. They're examining him, but I think I'm going to have to end up taking him over to the hospital."

Kat repeated what I said and asked, "Do you know what happened?"

Remind Me [WWE] [Shawn Michaels] {Book 2}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara