Chapter One:

Harry strolls through the sugar filled isles, quickly pocketing things that peaked his interest. Hermione rolls her eyes but continued to grab her usual after school snack: A bag of crisps and a cold peach tea.

"How many times will it take for you to get arrested to stop stealing?" Hermione groans. She was sick of seeing Harry getting dragged away by annoyed police officers for stealing a few candy bars.

"Don't worry bout' it 'mione, I'm as slick as a fox." The raven haired boy gave a lopsided grin.

"You're about as sly as a rock," Ron chimes in, stuffing his face with some sugary snack.

Harry rolls his eyes as they made their way over to the check out. The clerk looks up and rolls his eyes.

"Kid, how many times do I gotta tell ya, you can't come here anymore. If I see you again I'm gonna have to call the cops."

Harry raises his hands in defense, "Alright Alright, I'm out. Peace."

He began walking backwards out the door when he runs into a hard surface.

"Hello Potter," it was a dry stern voice that Harry knew quite well.

He quickly whips around to find Lucius Malfoy leering over him, dressed in his usual blue police uniform. Harry knew he was in for it Mr. Malfoy seemed to always know when Harry was up to something.

"So Potter, if you don't mind placing your stolen items on the counter we can make our way to the station." He gave a devilish smirk.

Harry rolls his eyes and began shoving his findings on the counter. The pile grew and grew as the store clerks eyes widen in disbelief. Harry knows the drill as he shoves his wrists in Mr. Malfoy's face awaiting the cuffs. He quickly latches them on, a little too tight for Harry's liking and drags him off to the police car.

Harry squirms around in the leather car seats as they silently drive to the station. Malfoy takes a peak at the small figure through the rearview mirror. Harry sat slouched over with his hands in his lap, lying his head against the window. The low rumble of the car filling the silence.

"You know this was your last warning right?" Lucius states sternly.

Harry just looked out the window.

"The higher ups are going to have to do something about this, the commander will give you more details."

The silence is deafening.

They eventually pull into the station and Officer Malfoy maneuvered around the car to let harry out. He grabs the boy by the elbow and began walking him through the large glass doors leading into the main office.

"Hey kid!" a smiling officer gave him a gentle slap on the back. "Welcome back... again." He gave a small smirk as he walked away.

Harry got a plethora of greetings from other police officers as Officer Malfoy lead him through the station. He was recognized from his famous record and his famous father, a former police officer. James Potter was a name which held a high regard in this business. His work was rigorous and honorable. His death although sad, made Harry quite famous. "The boy Who lived" they called him. The story goes that one night a spontaneous fire erupted in the Potter household when Harry was just a few months old. Both Lily and James Potter passed but miraculously, Harry managed to survive. Nobody knows exactly how a child managed to do this, but there is great speculation around the town.

Harry sits in the stiff plastic chair as he waits to be called into the commander's office. As he sat there twiddling his thumbs in a slouched position the commander opened his office door and gestures Harry to come inside. He was a big burly man with a bushy brown mustache with flecks of grey tucked away. His uniform to tight around his round stomach.

"Mr. Potter, we've become aware that no matter how many times we bring you in here you seem to keep up this rebellious behaviour." He gives Harry and intense look.

"We have no choice but to go into an alternative program, you will be staying with one of our trusted officers for a period of three months."

Harry's jaw drops.

"All we'll need is consent from your legal guardians and we'll start up the process."

The burly man gave a kind smile.