Two Peas in a Pod

Start from the beginning

Treating another human being like this wasn't right.

When they locked eyes again he noticed how hers softened. She knew this wasn't how he saw her. Flickering her eyes to Scarlett she gave her a subtle nod.

"It was nice meeting you."

Scarlett got to her feet and held her hand out to Dawn, "You too."

Dawn shook hands with her, gave them a little wave and left the little coffee shop. Once she was out of sight both him and Scarlett sat back down letting out a sigh. The tension was just not good. They could finally breathe again.

"It will get better." Scarlett promised him, "The first awkward meeting is over. After this it can only get better, you know."

He knew they would all eventually get used to this. It would become a habit.

"You're right."

She glanced at him, that playful smile which he loved spreading across her face. He placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, pressing a kiss to her temple.

Scarlett pressed her hand against his chest, nuzzling close to him, "I am most of the time." She teased him, "You should know that by now."

He chuckled, "I know by now that you take pleasure in messing with me."

She fake gasped, pulling away from him to glare at him for good measure, "I do not know what you're talking about right now."

He grabbed his coffee and finished it off, crinkling his nose at how cold it was.

Scarlett dared to laugh at him and she continued to laugh at him even when he threw her a glare. His lips twitching because of how contagious her laugh was. She looked fucking gorgeous laughing like she just didn't care.

He pressed another kiss to her temple, "We both know you're selling me some bullshit right now."

She threw her head back and just laughed, he couldn't help it, her laugh was contagious. Laughing too he shook his head at her.

"Shut up." She told him when she finally caught her breath, wiping away at the tears which dared to escape because of how much she laughed, "All joking aside I might have judged Dawn a little." She admitted, "Not out loud, but definitely in my head."

She was always honest with him, even if she didn't state her honest opinion right away she did eventually speak up. He appreciated that too.

"That's okay, we'll see if we need to be worried about her."

He doubted Dawn would suddenly rip off her mask and show them her true face. She wasn't trying to fool them, that's how he felt about it but the people around him would only accept this when they were confronted with the test results so he would let this go for now.

"So now I need to face another awkward situation."

Another uncomfortable situation they had to go through. It couldn't be avoided, he tried to stall for a while now and the girls would just not forgive him if he canceled once more. He could only imagine the looks on their faces when they were confronted with Scarlett.

"Liv will accept you eventually."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "I'm starting to doubt that, Lucy."

He knew Olivia could stay mad forever. Sometimes you could hold a grudge without it being reasonable. But he wanted to think that his niece would eventually warm up to Scarlett. Lily had so he had hope for Olivia to accept Scarlett too.

"I'm sure she won't dislike you forever."

She shrugged, "You can be honest and say she can't hate me forever."