"Yeah, one thing that sticks out is how you can heal, but also can be the one to give the sickness."

"Well, that was deep, but I would like to say that my attitude is the only thing that's shitty. I'm a pretty decent guy."

He winked and flashed me another smile. Before putting back on his thinking face.

"What's your name since you know mine? I don't wanna hold you up."

"My name is Solstice or you can call me, Sol."

"Hmm...that's a beautiful name for someone who's face is as bright as the sun."

I didn't know what else to say, so I awkwardly decided to depart.

"Thanks, Apollo. See you around."

I ran past him as fast as I could without getting caught up in his presence. Just by our conversation alone, I can tell that he's a smooth operator. I have to keep our communication at a minimum if possible.

Apollo

This is the first time that I decided to run around this neighborhood. Any other area, I know my appearance would cause trouble. I'm not a man of many words, I rather let my fists do the talking. Until my next fight, I need to lay low and try not to get arrested.

It's so damn tough. My soul just itches to release this anger that I continue to bottle up inside. My mother's words repeat over and over again in my head.

"You will never amount to anything! You're no fucking son of mine!"

That's what drugs do to you. It destroys families and forever damages the child or children involved in the bullshit. Times like this I wish I knew who my father was. I've never seen the man before and my mother's last words informed me that he didn't know anything about us.

When I refer to us, I'm talking about my twin sister, Ares. I guess you can say my mother was out of her mind. She was obsessed with mythology, which in turn made me curious. I researched it as a kid, many times while visiting the local library as my escape.

But, late at night, I would sneak out to watch the illegal fights. Night after night, I would leave out to watch, until it was me in the ring.

"Introducing Apollo The Healer And Destoryer!"

Til' this day the chants of the large crowds get my blood pumping. The adrenaline takes over and sometimes I have to stop myself from killing my opponent.

After a few fights, we were able to move out and leave that God awful woman!

Don't get it twisted, we finished high school, Ares went to a 4-year college on scholarship and I took a few classes on IT. The fights still consumed my life and the money was just too good to pass up.

My thoughts began to revert back to that beautiful woman. She still carried a slight baby face, but I'm sure it's more that meets the eye. For her to have such a large dog, it tells me that she's all about beating the odds. She will not be a stereotype. A strong woman indeed...

I began to rub my chin, thinking about if I should run back in her direction. Why didn't I ask for her number? I wanna learn more about her. I needed to get to the office, shower and attempt to do some work.

Fight The Nightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें