Chapter 001

Anything in this unique world can happen; people can manipulate elements, pull weapons from their skin, detach their own limbs, and so much more. Me? I'm just another one of those people. Ordinary, if you can even call it that. The problem is that everyone depends on what I can control, and never give my feelings a second thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiko's POV:

!BEEP!

!BEEP!

!BEE-

I slammed my hand onto my alarm, silencing the annoying beeping. I grumbled, pulling my comforter off of me as I sluggishly slid out of bed. I stared at the wall for a few minutes before willing myself to stand up and get out of my room.

"Aiko, are you awake?" My mom called out from downstairs, her voice firm despite it being 6:00 in the morning.

"Yes ma'am...!" I called back as I trudged into the bathroom.

My house was an ordinary one; Two stories, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. My family's mostly the same. They just have really intimidating personalities.

I pulled the plain white shower curtains back and twisted the faucet. Water spewed from the shower head and pattered against the bathtub. While I waited for the water to warm up, I decided to brush my teeth and comb my hair. I fumbled around for the small comb, and finally took hold of the black object.

My eyesight was horrible, honestly. Everything around me's always blurry, and the only reason I know my way around the house is because I'm familiar with my surroundings. I've felt where the dining table is, where the couch is, where my bed is, and so on. The problem only comes when I have to find smaller equipment, like the brush, which is irritatingly tedious.

I gently brushed the comb through my dull pink hair, the tangles being undone could be clearly heard. Steam started to fog up the mirror to the point where my reflection was far too blurry for me to see now. I removed all of my clothing, and stepped into the shower.

I sighed in content as the warm water ran down my face and soaked into my hair. I always found water comforting; the way it sounds when it hits the ground, how it rushes in rivers, and generally just the feel of it. Everything about it was perfect, it even coats people's tears if they cry.

Eventually, I finished washing up and turned the water off. I stepped out of the bathtub and began to dry my hair and body with the towel that was hanging directly above the toilet.

I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked out of the bathroom.

I continued to walk until I got to my room and stepped inside. The door clicked as I closed it behind me. I shuffled over to my dresser and grabbed my neatly-folded uniform, taking the towel off so I could put it on. The black outfit fit perfectly, as usual.

I made my way down the stairs, and into the kitchen.

"Good morning, son." My father, who was sitting at the dining table, took a sip of what I assumed was coffee.

"Good morning, Dad." I responded, offering a small smile. 

"Go have a seat, I'll make breakfast for you." I nodded and thanked him, going to take a seat at the table.

He cracked an egg, letting the egg  fall into the pan he had grabbed.

"So, what course do you plan to take after graduating?" I nearly choked when I heard that question. That topic always made me anxious.

"Well..." I fumbled with my fingers and pursed my lips.

"I was, uh... planning to sign up for UA's Hero Course, I guess." I muttered.

"Great, because we put you in through recommendation."