I managed to get my head above the water to breathe; everything hurt and I felt like my lungs were on fire but I couldn't give up, Octavia needed me

     I managed to get my head above the water to breathe; everything hurt and I felt like my lungs were on fire but I couldn't give up, Octavia needed me. She started coughing and I sighed in my head, relieved she was still alive after the fall, but not out of danger as we were still about to drown. Those lessons with Jasper... those would have been convenient right about now. I pulled Octavia over me to make sure that, even if I went under the water, she wouldn't. I had no idea how long it took or how we managed to do it, but we got to the shore, both of us ended up lying on our stomachs over the rocks, tinting them red.

- "O..." –I coughed, spitting water in front of me before turning to look at my sister- "Say something."

- "That..." –she breathed out as she coughed water too- "...was stupid."

I couldn't help but laugh; the situation was fucked up, but we were alive. She rose her head slightly to look at me, a small but pained smile on her bruised and covered in cuts face.

- "We have to warn them."

- "And how'd you suggest..." -noise in front of me made me raise my head to see Helios approaching Octavia and licking her hand- "Never mind."

I rose from the ground first and commanded Helios to lay down before I helped Octavia up and put her on her horse; then, I made Helios raise and took his reigns on my hand and started walking out of there. There wasn't a single part in my body that wasn't in pain, screaming at me to lay down and catch my breath, spit all the water in my lung as they burnt like nothing I had experienced before, but I had a mission.

- "I'm going to cut her head off." –I mumbled before facing Octavia- "Don't die on me, huh."

- "I'm trying."

- "Clarke will help you. Maybe Abby is back too."

- "You don't look so good yourself."

- "Don't waste your breath on me, relax." –I placed my hand on my ribs- "Although I may have broken a couple of ribs."

- "Sam!"

- "I'm joking!" –I chuckled, regretting it immediately- "Maybe one. Now, just focus on staying alive and breathe normally; I'll get you back. I got this."

Luckily, I knew where I was going and so seemed Helios for, after some time it was more as if he were pulling me to move than vice versa. I can't pass out now, Octavia needs treatment. I knew we were around 10 minutes tops away from Arkadia but I couldn't walk anymore, my legs gave in and I fell to the ground.

- "Sam!" –I heard Octavia yelling with a hoarse and broken voice- "Sam!"

- "I'm fine. I need to lay down." –I rose my hand as I kneeled- "Hold on to Helios."

- "What...?"

Her voice was no more than a whisper and I knew she was going to pass out any second now, the pain and the blood loss were major and I had to get her back.