15~ Wattpad Basics- How to add tags to your book

Wattpad:

Wattpad for beginners

How to add tags to your book:

~ To add tags to your book, you need to first go to the chapter or blurd of the book you want to 'add tags' too.

(My tags for this book are right there! => => => => -> -> -> -> => => => => ~> ~> -> -> -> -> -> > > -> > >)

~You will then find an orange button below your book cover that reads 'Add tags.'

~You can click on this button and a small yellow tab will appear underneath the button.

~ You can begin typing the tags you want for your book in the tab. Make sure you leave a space between each one.

What are tags?

Tags are what you use to get readers on your book. When people look up your book, they put words into a bar. If one of those words is in your title name or in one of your tags, there is a chance you will be on that page of books that have those words in their title or tags. (Most likely to be in the first 100 if your book is popular.) 

Good books with lots of views comments and votes will be on the top of the list, while new books or unpopular books with a small amount of votes will be at the bottom. Remember, the books who now have over 10 million views used to only have 9 once. So, even if your book is low on views when you first put it out, it's because no one has discovered it yet! Every book started on 0 reads, comments and votes!

Note:

- You can make as many tags as you want.

- There are some words that you cannot use as tags, such as, a, I, how etc.

- You can add tags for each chapter/blurb.

- Whatever tags you write on a chapter/blurb will only appear on that chapter/blurb not on any others.