Chapter 1: No One Gets Left Behind

Sam Golbach as himself

Colby Brock as himself

Joey King as Annabelle

G Hannelius as Felicity

------------------------------------------------------

Felicity's POV

               Laying on our stomachs, listening to music, and scrolling through social media is what Annabelle and I do on a day to day basis when we aren't working. My finger comes to a sudden stop as I am watching Colby Brocks snapchat story. It is a picture of him and Sam Golbach infront of the sign for the city limits of the town I live in. It's captioned, "We are thinking of adopting. What do you guys think." I quickly get up and out of my bed, run over to Annabelle's side of the room.

               "Annabelle, Annabelle. Have you seen Colby Brocks snapchat story?" I kind of yell at her. 

                "Yes I did. Do you think they will come here and look for kids?" She replies.

                "I don't know. I hope they do, and if they do and pick one of us we are not leaving this place without one another. No one gets left behind, remember." I reply back. Just as I said that we hear Mrs. Littman yell up the stairs to get ready we have people coming here to look at kids to adopt. That sent Annabelle, me, and the rest of the orphanage into a frenzy. Annabelle and I put on a nice pair of jeans, a tank top, black converse, and a Sam and Colby XPLR sweatshirt. There was absolutely no make up to our looks. We brushed out our hair and put it up. We then ran down stairs and went on our phones waiting.

              "Hello everyone. This is Sam and Colby. They are both looking to adopt. Be on your best behavior and make a good impression on them," Mrs. Littman tells us, knocking Annabelle and I out of our trance. Annabelle and I put our phones in our pockets and start to talk about things. I felt a presence behind me so i turn around and look up and jump ten feet into the air. Sam and Colby are standing right in front of us, smiling, trying really hard not to laugh.

              "It's ok guys. Let it go. Y'all just scared me. It's no big deal," I tell Sam and Colby and they let out a laugh.

             "Sorry we scared you, but I see the both of you are fans," Colby says to both me and Annabelle. Sam nods in agreement. 

             "We are. We love the videos you guys do when you go explore abandoned and/or haunted places. Actually we have been thinking of going on a little adventure ourselves. We were going to tag you in a post on instagram and twitter asking if y'all would go with us. There is this abandoned mall two blocks down the street from here that is haunted too. Sorry I tend to start rambling when I get nervous," Annabelle says to them.

              "We should explore that some time. What are your hobbies," Sam asks us?

             "I mean we like almost all the same things. We like to work at the ice cream shop sown the street. We like to go shopping. She likes to draw and I like music. We scroll through our social medias to see if anything new is happening on your front. We also both love to sing and dance," I reply to Sam. Nodding their heads, they said they are going to go talk in the other room to dicide who they want to adopt. 

*30 Minutes Later*

          "Annabelle and Felicity go pack your stuff. You guys are going home," Mrs. Littman says. We kind of just sit their shocked for a few minutes. We then get up and run to our room. We get there, we shut the door, scream a little, do our secret hand shake, then pack everything we have. Which isn't a whole lot really. I look around the room, then look at my bestfriend and smile at her.

         "We did it. We finally did it. 6 years of being here and nobody wanting us. We did it. We finally got adopted," I tell my bestfriend as we start to cry.

-----------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hi guys my name is Aaliyah and this is my new book. I hope everyone will enjoy it. Please vote and comment.

Thank you guys, 

Aaliyah